Pauline Greene MBACP, Advanced Diploma in Counselling.
Faces In Focus
102 Harper Road
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) with extensive experience in providing effective treatment plans for a wide range of issues including: depression, anxiety, panic disorders, relationship issues, addiction issues, barriers and cultural issues and past or present trauma, that individuals may experience.
In each session, I provide a safe and non-judgemental approach to the concerns that make you feel troubled and anxious, ensuring that together, we develop a safe, confidential and comfortable environment for an effective communication between us.
The first session is an opportunity for you to ask questions and to decide if you are ready to engage in counselling. We will discuss the number of sessions you might want or need and whether I can help you. It is also a chance for you to decide if I am the right counsellor for you
Apart from my private practice in South London, I have a long-standing working relationship with a variety of charity based organisations, where I´ve offered counselling, psychotherapy and supported people with a wide range of presenting issues, both short and long term.
I provide counselling at my private practice in Elephant & Castle and for other organisations, such as Faces in Focus.
Training, qualifications & experience
There are many approaches that could be used in counselling, I try not to exclude any of them and ensure I find the most appropriate for you. Although, I tend to work with Integrative: humanistic and behavioural approaches. The actual method used will depend on what you bring to the session.
I believe that being empathetic benefits treatment, as it allows me to gain an understanding of whatever is troubling you and to find the best way to help you. Together we will identify and highlight any issues or emotions that may limit your ability to handle life’s daily challenges.
I hold the following qualifications
· Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling.
· Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
· Certificate in Behavioural Therapy.
· Certificate in Addiction Counselling.
· Certificate in Family and Relationships Counselling
· Certificate in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Counselling.
· Certificate in Understanding Domestic Violence and Abuse.
· Certificate in Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Counselling.
· Certificate in Stress Management and Prevention.
· Certificate in Anger Management Counselling.
· Certificate in Eating Disorder Understanding and Awareness.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
In addition to the above, I have over 12 years’ experience of delivering specialist individual counselling and group work sessions for people troubled by ‘addictions’ gambling, sex, alcohol and substance misuse issues and I am a qualified trainer in self parenting courses including inner child and self-parenting work.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Fees are based on the therapeutic hour of 50 minutes.
Per session: weekdays 10am to 5pm, £40; evenings, £50.
I am also a member of BAATN (The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network).
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client