Paula Taylor BSc (Hons), MSc, MBACP
My private counselling practice provides specialist support for children and young people between the ages of 5 to 21 years. I am currently based in Brackley, being easily accessible from Towcester, Bicester, Buckingham and surrounding areas. Through counselling, a child or young person can explore different areas relating to themselves such as relationships, their childhood, emotions, thoughts, behaviour and situations/events they may have experienced or currently find difficult to cope with. My counselling practice provides a confidential and safe environment where clients can talk about the issues/difficulties that are individual to them and where appropriate provide strategies/tools that can help them cope in a better way.
I use different models and methods depending on the issues and age of the client. Approaches I currently use include person-centred therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), solution-focused therapy and play therapy. I work in a friendly and relaxed way, supporting each client on an individual basis and at their own pace.
I feel passionate about supporting children and young people and enabling them to overcome their individual challenges in life. Please contact me if you would like to discuss how I could support you and your child/young person.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master’s degree in Counselling Children and Young People (MSc)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People (level 7)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology (BSc Honours, First Class)
- Trauma-Focussed CBT Training – Anna Freud Centre in London
- Self-Harm and Suicidal Thoughts in Children and Young People – Northamptonshire County Council
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect - Northamptonshire County Council
- Protective Behaviours
- Solihull Approach Behaviour Management
- Drawing and Talking Intervention
- Evaluating Mental Health
- Loss, Separation and Bereavement
- Common Assessment Framework
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Young carers
I offer a free 20-minute telephone consultation, when we can discuss your child’s difficulties before you decide whether to book them in for an initial session.
The initial session then provides an opportunity for your child to meet me and decide whether they feel comfortable working with me as their counsellor. The number of follow on sessions can be flexible and will depend on each individual.
My fee is £45 for a 50 minute counselling session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client