Paula Gosling Diploma in Dip Couns, Dip CBT, Reg MBACP
Counselling service I offer is for clients who are feeling dissatisfied with life or struggling with difficult emotions, such as: anxiety, depression, anger, jealousy, guilt or shame.
Working with the clients in the sessions changing their thinking to change the behaviours leads to a more balanced life through goals achievable.
Some of the destructive behaviours can be over eating, addiction to gambling, alcohol, drugs, pornography or sex.
If clients are struggling to cope with difficult life events, such as bereavement, loss or abuse or low self-esteem, lack of confidence then exploring these emotions in the sessions will help to life a more fulfilled and well rounded lives.
I work with Couples to work with difficult issues in their relationship.
Training, qualifications & experience
• 2018 Diploma in Neurological Programming Linguistics International Association of NLP Coaches (IANLPC)
• 2017 Level 5 Diploma Course Working with Sexual Addiction (CPCAB)
• 2015 Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills & Theory (CBT-L5)
• 2013 Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
• 2011 Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
• 2010 Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
• 2010 Introduction to Counselling Level 2 (CPCAB)
• 2011 NVQ Level 2 Young Victims (Victim Support)
• 2002 NVQ Level 3. Childcare.
• 1978 Royal Marsden Nursing Oncology.
• 1977 State Enrolled Nurse.
• 1973 St. Francis College. (B.A.).
• 1971 Educated in India; St. Ann's Convent Secunderabad.
2018 Counselling Couples Toolkit.
2018 Completed First Aid/Defibrillator Training.
2018 Specialist Treatment Organisation for Prevention of Sexual Offending (StopSo).
2015 Rape and Sexual Abuse (RASA) counselling, support related to sexual violence
2015 Counselling Children and Young People Level 3
2014 Homicide Training (Victim Support)
2011 Victim Support Mental Health Awareness training (Victim Support).
2011 Domestic Violence training (Victim Support)
2010 Young Victims Abuse training (Victim Support)
2009 Victim Support/Witness Service training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Abuse (Emotional, Mental, Physical, Sexual) in the sessions clients work through the trauma of the experience that they have gone through and help them to re build their self-belief and confidence. I will assist clients in their understanding that abuse is not their fault and I give them a space where they can be heard without being judged.
Addictions (Alcohol, Drugs, Exercise, Gambling, Shopping, Smoking, Sex, Work) clients often become addicted to something as a way of trying to get some kind of control in their lives. In our sessions we work together to understand how addiction leaves clients feeling more out of control in the end.
Relationships (Couple’s counselling, divorce counselling, issues around sex/intimacy, infidelity)
Sessions will help couple’s in counselling who are struggling to communicate, or because they are having issues with intimacy or their sex life is being affected. We will explore the options and reasons for the change in their relationship.
Stress (Money, health, relationships, work)
Stress plays a massive role in a lot of clients lives. Sometimes work, relationships, money and/or health concerns can cause them to feel under a lot of pressure, counselling will help to unravel the confusion.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
£40.00 per adult per session.
£50.00 per couple per session.
24 hours cancellation
Cash or direct bank account payment.
I offer therapy and support via Skype, phone call and face-time to clients unable to physically attend face to face sessions.
Times and sessions suitability can be discussed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Reception area, Lifts, Refreshments and Toilet facilities on site.
Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text me 07940997445
Types of client