St. Barnabas House
I am an experienced Integrative Counsellor, Clinical Supervisor and trainer available for private work from counselling rooms near Gillingham town centre with easy rail links and local parking. As an Integrative Counsellor I draw from a number of psychological approaches to best suit your needs so that you can work towards attaining your own goals. This may be overcoming past traumas, discontinuing self-destructive patterns in life, building closer relationships with others or finding a new fulfilment and meaning in life.
As an Accredited member of the BACP professional body, I adhere to ethical practice and offer a confidential space in which you can explore the concerns that have led you to seek therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked as a therapist in a range of settings, including working with children and adolescents in Primary and Secondary education and for a service specialising in counselling adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. I have been a Specialist Counsellor with the NHS since 2013, initially with Primary Care but currently with Secondary Care Services working with complex and enduring issues.
- 2008 Diploma Integrative Counselling, Inter-Psyche, Kent and Medway NHS & SCPT
- 2013 Diploma Clinical Supervision, Inter-Psyche, Kent and Medway NHS & SCPT
- 2011 Diploma Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, Canterbury Christ Church University
- 2006 Cert in Counselling Studies, CPCAB
- 2005 Cert in Counselling Skills, CPCAB
- CPD Training:
- 2016 - 2017 Understanding and Working with Personality Disorder, Kent and Medway NHS & SCPT
- 2011 Working with Borderline Personality Disordered Clients, Christiane Sanderson
Amongst other additional trainings over the years, I have particularly specialised in working with self harm and survivors of childhood sexual abuse, attending substantial specialist training between 2007 and 2011.
I am also currently studying for a Masters Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy with Bath Spa University, researching into what makes therapy most effective for an individual in order to continually improve my practice.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
A first consultation session is £20 with no obligation to continue, subsequent sessions being £45. I am also able to offer a limited number of places at concessionary rates for student counsellors and those on a low wage.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training