My name is Pat Shea-Halson. I am a qualified and experienced Counsellor, and Psychotherapist. I enjoy working with people, encouraging them to develop their own personal and professional goals. I work with groups and individuals and Couples, enabling them to achieve their aspirations and inspiring them to develop their own personal vision for success. As a Counsellor and Psychotherapist I am also a qualified Psychological Trauma Counsellor. I am described as the best in my field, and I have won numerous National Awards for my work. I am the owner of the Centre For Transformational Change Counselling Service and when you visit me, you will be welcomed by our warm, friendly Receptionist. If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, bereavement, or have something that is causing you distress or worry, please make an appointment with me, and I can help you make sense of the issues that are causing you concern.
Providing A Safe Supportive Space For You. As a Psychotherapist I offer you a warm, friendly, professional, supportive space to enable you to reflect upon your life and look at yourself, and consider the issues this raises. Together we can look at the ways in which you manage your life, and the impact, this has on the quality of your life. This will help you to discover the ways in which you can develop the skills to become solution focussed. We will also look at where you are now, where you want to be, and look at the strategies you may need to put into place to help you develop the life you want. This will assist you to develop the resources you need, to acquire your personal or professional goals, and develop and enhance the skills needed to achieve what you want from life.
My Theoretical Approach I work as an Integrative Psychotherapist, integrating different theories and methods, which I will introduce to you. My main theoretical orientation is humanistic, and I have been greatly influenced by the work of Carl Rogers. I firmly believe that you have the answers to your “problems” I will help you to find these “answers” and help you to develop your own recipe for happiness and your own formula for success. I will help you to develop the skills required to enable you to feel confident, competent, and empowered.
Helping You To Make Sense Of Things I see my role as supporting and helping people to begin to make sense of the issues that are surfacing for them, and help them to “manage” them, and look at the ways in which they may need, or want, to make changes in their life. I will provide you with a safe and supportive environment where you can just be yourself. I will help you to make sense of the feelings that are surfacing for you, and help you to explore the difficulties you are experiencing. I will also help you to understand your behaviour, and work with you, to make the changes you may need to make, to improve the quality of your life.
I am also a qualified and experienced Child Psychotherapist working with children and young people for the past 25 years.
I look forward to working with you soon
Training, qualifications & experience
My Brief Work History I qualified as a Counsellor 32 years ago and I was Head of the Counselling Department at Liverpool Community College. I managed the department and was also a Lecturer in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
I also taught at different Colleges and Universities. I then set up my own Counselling School the Centre For Personal Development 24 years ago, and taught accredited courses to enable people to become qualified Counsellors. I also run the Centre For Transformational Change Counselling Service in Liverpool.
I work here at the Centre For Transformational Change and also within the community. I also work with children and have designed a course the NEW LEAF Programme for children to help them improve their confidence and self-esteem and improve their schoolwork and educational achievements.
I enjoy my work and enjoy watching people grow and develop. I also learn a lot from the people I work with, and it is a pleasure to be part of their journey, as they discover how amazing they are, and how resourceful they have been up to this point in their life.
This insight gives people the opportunity to decide on how they will “live” the rest of their life, and discover they can develop a new life script, which enables them to plan and develop a positive, happy, healthy, enriching, successful life path.
I believe we all have the right and the ability to create a wonderful life. I also believe everyone has the right to sparkle and shine! However, sometimes things happen to us, which takes the sparkle, out of our life. Counselling can help you to put the sparkle back into your life, and help you to make the changes to enable you to lead a happy, healthy, enthusiastic, contented life.
Brief List Of My Counselling & Psychotherapy Qualifications:
- Masters Degree (MSc) In Integrative Psychotherapy.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy.
- Certificate in Psychotherapy.
- Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapy.
- Diploma in Counselling.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Relationship Counselling Certificate I.
- Relationship Counselling Certificate II.
- Bereavement Counselling Skills Certificate I.
- Bereavement Counselling Skills Certificate II.
- Transactional Analysis Certificate 101
- Transactional Analysis Certificate.
- Fundamentals Theories of Transactional Analysis Certificate.
- Transactional Analysis Skills and Diagnosis Certificate.
- Transactional Analysis Clinical Practice and Supervision
- Certificate in Cognitive Foundation Therapy
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Certificate in Couple Counselling.
- Diploma in Fieldwork Supervision.
- Certificate In Principles And Methods Of Integrative Psychotherapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
Individual Counselling Sessions £45.00 per appointment
Couples Counselling £50.00 per appointment
Supervision Sessions £45.00 Per hour appointment
I provide Individual or group supervision (maximum 3 per group).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
PAT SHEA-HALSON SUPERVISOR.