Paola Tedeschi. Clinical Dip Integrative Therapy; Dip Cognitive Therapy
Hello and welcome to my counselling profile.
I am a fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist with extensive experience of working in both statutory and non-statutory services and offer short term and open-ended counselling in Italian and English.
I work as an integrative therapist, which means that my practice is informed by various psychological theories and techniques as well as what my clients find supportive and helpful in the achievement of their goals. Most importantly, I view the therapeutic relationship as the main vehicle of change and I work in a relational, anti-oppressive, and non-judgemental fashion to help my clients explore and reflect on their difficulties. Approaches I draw from in my practice include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic psychotherapy, Relational psychotherapy, Interpersonal Neurobiology, and Sensorimotor psychotherapy.
I abide by the UK Council for Psychotherapies Code of Ethics and the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, undertake regular supervision, and hold a full professional liability insurance.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute, London, 2019)
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP, 2015)
- Diploma in Cognitive Approaches to Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of London, 2005)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Addictive Behaviour (University of London, 2005)
- BSc in Applied Psychology (Universita' degli Studi di Padova, Italy, 1993)
Continuous Professional Development
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing
- Building a new self: cognitive behavioural therapy for personality disorders
- Uncover strengths and building resilience with CBT
- Occupational and organizational stress management
- CBT for PTSD
- Coping with adversity: cognitive therapy in adverse life circumstances
- Narrative Exposure Therapy: a short term intervention for the treatment of traumatic stress disorder
- Applying Interpersonal Biology to Clinical Technique
- Mentalization Based Treatment-Basic Training
- The Nature of Trauma and Dissociation
- Body and Spirit in Contemporary Psychotherapy
- The Applications of Attachment Theory to Psychotherapy
- Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Self-Alienation
- Polyvagal Theory, Oxytocin and the Neurobiology of Love and Trust
I have extensive experience of working in the NHS specialist Psychological Therapy and Addiction Services, Community Counselling Services, and Counselling and Psychotherapy Institutes and Clinics.
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) – Registered Member
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) – Registered Member
- British Psychological Society (BPS) – Graduate Member
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial consultation (online)– £ 50 for a 70-minute session
Once-weekly sessions (online)– £ 40 for a 50 minute session
Concessionary fees available - please, email me to enquire
Concessions offered for
Drug & Alcohol Misuse
Loss and Bereavement
Trauma & PTSD