Paola Tedeschi. MBACP (Reg.), PG Dip Addictive Behaviour, Dip. Cognitive Therapy
Hello and welcome to my counselling profile.
I am a fully qualified Counsellor with extensive experience of working in both statutory and non-statutory services and offer short term and open-ended counselling in Italian and English.
I work as an integrative therapist, which means that my practice is informed by various psychological theories and techniques as well as what my clients find supportive and helpful in the achievement of their goals.Most importantly, I view the therapeutic relationship as the main vehicle of change and I work in a relational, anti-oppressive, and non-judgemental fashion to help my clients explore and reflect on their difficulties. Approaches I draw from in my practice include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic psychotherapy, and Relational psychotherapy.
I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy, undertake regular supervision, and hold a full professional liability insurance.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP, 2015)
- Diploma in Cognitive Approaches to Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of London, 2005)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Addictive Behaviour (University of London, 2005)
- BSc in Applied Psychology (Universita' degli Studi di Padova, Italy, 1993)
Continuous Professional Development
Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy by Professional Studies
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing
- Building a new self: cognitive behavioural therapy for personality disorders
- Uncover strengths and building resilience with CBT
- Occupational and organizational stress management
- CBT for PTSD
- Coping with adversity: cognitive therapy in adverse life circumstances
- Narrative Exposure Therapy: a short term intervention for the treatment of traumatic stress disorder
- Applying Interpersonal Biology to Clinical Technique
- Mentalization Based Treatment-Basic Training
- The Nature of Trauma and Dissociation
- Body and Spirit in Contemporary Psychotherapy
I have extensive experience of working in the NHS specialist Psychological Therapy and Addiction Services, Community Counselling Services, and Counselling and Psychotherapy Institutes and Clinics.
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) – Registered Member
- British Psychological Society (BPS) – Graduate Member
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) –In training Member
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Initial consultation – 50 minutes: £60 (no obligation to commit to further treatment)
Individual once-weekly sessions – 50 minutes: £60 - £80
I operate a sliding scale system, depending on your financial circumstances as well as the time of your session.
Drug & Alcohol Misuse
Loss and Bereavement
Trauma & PTSD
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
LONDON BRIDGE PRACTICE> no availability until end of May 2018. For the EAST DULWICH PRACTICE, please, email me for details.
Types of client