Rowan Tree Natural Healing Centre
8, Salubrious Passage
01559-371954 / 075311-29860
Fully qualified, UKCP registered with over 20 years experience.
- One-to-One PSYCHOTHERAPY & COUNSELLING
- COUPLE COUNSELLING
- MEDIATION for conflicts within couples, between families, for neighbourhood disputes & community groups; and in the workplace
- SUPERVISION for Psychotherapists, Counselling organisations, Counsellors & students
I provide a safe place to explore whatever is needed, on a short or long term basis .ie from six weeks to open ended. There are regular reviews to see what progress has happened. Phone and Skype sessions can be arranged.
I offer One-to-One experienced, skilled, help and support with:
- Relationships Issues
- Anxiety and Depression
- Unexpressed or Inappropriate Anger.
- Loss of Direction or Purpose, Feeling 'ungrounded or disconnected'.
- Loss of Confidence and Low Self Esteem.
- Eating Disorders, Self Harm and Addictions.
- Recovery from Trauma & Abuse,
- Issues of Economic, Environmental or Spiritual crises.
I also devise and deliver
- TRAININGS for Pyschotherapists, Counsellors and Organisations (throughout West Wales).
- Eco-therapy Retreats and Courses.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling from The Centre for Counselling & Psychotherapy Education in London.
Also Trained in Ecopsychology & Ecotherapy at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow; and in Storytelling at Emerson College, Sussex.
I also have an MA in Creative Writing from the University of Wales, Trinity St David, Carmarthen.
I have been in private practice in Wales and London for more than 20 years; informed by several different models; including Person Centred, Cognitive Behavioural, Psychoanlaysis, Gestalt and Transpersonal.
Organisations I have worked with include:
* The NHS Trust in London, as a counsellor with people diagnosed with HIV & AIDS
* The MIND Centre in Carmarthen as resident Psychotherapist
* The Swansea Women's Centre, Facilitating many groups in recovery
from Child Abuse, Eating Distress, Sleep problems, Depression, Anger Management;
and in Carmarthen with Self Harm, Assertiveness Training & Stress Management.
I regularly run Trainings for Counselling students in Transpersonal Psychotherapy, Risk Assessments, Working with Self Harm & others.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
At the Rowan Tree Centre in Newcastle Emlyn, Sessions for Individuals last 1 hr and cost £45 per session; Couple Counselling Sessions last 1hr and a quarter and cost £55 per session.
At the Lighthouse Clinic in Swansea, Sessions for Individuals last 1 hr and cost £60 per session; Couple Counselling Sessions last 1hr and a quarter and cost £75 per session
I keep a couple of spaces for concessionary rates.
Price on Application for Trainings, Workshops and Courses.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime & Evenings. Tuesdays; Wednesdays, Thursdays
Supervision & training
16 YEARS SUPERVISION EXPERIENCE.View supervision profile