Olivia Date MBACP

Olivia Date MBACP

18B Cheap Street
BA11 1BN

Elm Hayes Surgery
Clandown Road
BS39 7SF


Saved Save profile

About me

Seeing a counsellor/therapist can help you feel better about your life - it really can. It's not magic (though it can sometimes feel like it), and it's not always easy, but if you're stuck, or feeling unbearably low, or angry all the time, or just not feeling like 'you', then come and tell me about it.

I currently work in Frome and Paulton (south of Bristol). I have flexible working hours, and can offer some evenings and Saturday mornings.

I have seen clients with a wide range of issues, often described by their doctors, or themselves, as anxiety, depression, bereavement, trauma, anger, obsessive compulsive disorders. Sometimes these terms feel helpful - but sometimes they don't. You may be feeling a mixture of these things, or something else entirely. You may sense that something 'isn't right' in your life, but you don't quite know what it is.

People are wonderful, complex beings, with a wide range of sometimes interconnecting, sometimes warring, parts. I see my job as working with you to help you reconnect the different parts of yourself in order to find greater enjoyment and fulfillment in life.

What to do now?
1. Taking the first step is difficult, but you've done that already by reading this - and probably a whole lot of other profiles and information.

2. The next step is to get in touch; email, phone or text me. You can say or ask as much or as little as you like here - we'll spend the time seeing if we're a good 'fit' for each other. (You may want to look at my website if you haven't done so already: www.oliviadate.co.uk - it might help you to get a better feel for who I am and what I do.)

3. If you feel you'd like to proceed, we'll arrange a first session. You can tell me what brings you to this point right now and towards the end of this first session we will discuss how we might proceed - whether this one session is enough, whether you'd like more, whether the work is likely to be short-term (6 sessions generally) or longer-term (anything up to a year or two).

Training, qualifications & experience

I started my counselling training 30 years ago, at Metanoia in London but acquired my Diploma in Integrative Counselling from the Iron Mill in Exeter, much more recently, in 2013.

I have a BA (Hons) in English Literature, and an MA in Education Management.

I am a member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).

I have worked with a wide range of individual clients, both men and women, from ages 12 – 73, privately, in a large school and in a GP surgery.

Member organisations


Accredited register membership


£45 for a 50 minute session.

Maps & Directions

Frome, BA11 1BN
Bristol, BS39 7SF

Type of session

Online counselling: Yes
Telephone counselling: No
Face to face counselling: Yes
Home visits: No

Practical details

Sign language: No
Other languages: None


Accessibility information
Wheelchair access: Unspecified


I work some evenings and Saturday mornings.

Types of client

Young people
Older adults