Oliver Wright MBACP (Accred), EMDR Europe (Accred)
07939 193 407
I am an experienced integrative psychotherapist. I use a range of approaches including person-centred (humanist) counselling, cognitive and behavioural therapies and EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing). I am particularly interested in working with trauma and PTSD.
I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and an EMDR Europe accredited practitioner.
Areas of special interest
- Trauma PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and dissociation
- Addictions (including addiction to unhealthy or dysfunctional relationships)
- Fear of flying
- Relationships (including couples therapy)
- Isolation and loneliness
- Confidence and self image
- Chronic pain and psychologically based pain (or Medically Unexplained Symptoms, MUS)
- Sexual problems including erectile dysfunction, sexual risk counselling and HIV diagnosis
- Sexuality and coming out
Code of Ethics
I work with a strict code of ethics set by the BACP.
Counselling in Stoke Newington, North London, N16
I see clients in my private practice in Stoke Newington, London N16 and online (skype counselling).
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained in counselling and psychotherapy at the University of East London (UEL) BACP accredited course and completed my counselling Diploma in 2006. I have also completed a full training in (EMDR) Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing accredited by the EMDR Europe Association. For more information on EDMR – a treatment for trauma and PTSD – please see EMDR UK & Ireland.
I see clients at my private practice in Stoke Newington (N16) and online via Skype. I also see clients at iCope, the Camden and Islington NHS psychological therapies service (IAPT).
My previous practice experience includes working for the NHS funded Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service run by West Essex Mind (2012-2015). I have also worked for PsychotherapyUK (now One Therapy London), a central London counselling practice, as a volunteer counsellor for Terrence Higgins Trust and at the Centre for Better Health (formerly the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association or PRA).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Early trauma and dissociation
- I have a sliding scale for fees from £70-£80
- EMDR sessions can be 1 hour or up to 90 minutes in length. Longer sessions are charged at a proportion of the same hourly rate.
- Couples sessions are charged at £80 for each 1 hour session.
For more information please see www.oliverwright.net
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client