Norma Williams BA Hons Counselling MBACP GQHP (Hypnotherapy)
In the the current situation with Covid 19 I'm aware of the importance of protecting the safety of others. I am therefore offering telephone counselling therapy and online counselling therapy to support your needs.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) a I am also registered with the General Hynotherapy Register (GHR).
Please contact me by e-mail or telephone for further details.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) in Counselling
- Diploma In Clinical Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy (DIP.CHH) Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training
- Certificate in N.L.P. Programming skills
- Certificate in Occupational Stress Management
- Cruse Bereavement Care Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Certificate
- Level three Award in Cruse Bereavement Care Supervision
- Foundation Certificate in Mindfulness and Stress Reduction
- Cruse Bereavement Care Working With Children and Young People Certificate
- Place2Be Children's Volunteer Counsellor Record of Achievement
- Solution Focused Therapy Certificate
- Mind Certificate in Suicide Prevention
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASSIST) Training certificate
- Working Creatively Certificate
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Alongside my private Counseling Therapy practice, I have a private Hypnotherapy practice. I also deliver Mindfulness/Anxiety/Stress management workshops to various groups in local Community Centres.