01243 826957 / 07973 736810
Life can never be without challenges, but there is so much we can do to meet those challenges.
My role as a therapist is to support and inspire you to think in new ways, so that you can better manage your current life situation.
Choosing a therapist is a big step but we will be starting a journey together; I operate with a blend of modalities that are non-pathologising and collaborative. We work together to form a safe relationship, and agree goals for therapy.
One of the methods I use is Sensorimotor Psychotherapy. It is very non-invasive and will generally make you feel better and more able to cope. It is somatic psychotherapy, working to restore the connection between the body and the mind by tapping into the innate wisdom of the self to liberate potential.
If there are issues related to trauma, they’ll be picked up at the beginning of treatment, so as to leave a clear path to work on any developmental issues.
I have a diploma in counselling eating disorders through NCFED. I am also a qualified couples counsellor; this is near to my heart as I have experienced the pain of separation and divorce. I’ve also worked for 14 years as an addiction counsellor in a prison setting, with a total of 30 years experience working with addiction-related issues.
Since 2004 I have been working as a counsellor and psychotherapist with an Advanced Diploma. I later trained from 2007 in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy achieving the highest qualification in 2018.
I am committed to helping others to work in a way that has helped me transform my life and mental attitude. If you think I’d be a good fit to work with, please get in touch - you would be very welcome.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced diploma integrative counselling psychotherapy model 2004
- Sensorimotor Trauma & Developmental Psychotherapy Levels 1, 2 & 3
- National Centre for Eating Disorders Diploma 2005
- Couples & Systemic Family therapy 2005 Certificate
- Addiction Counselling 12-Step Addiction Model. RAPT (Rehabilitation of Addicted Prisoners Trust) 14 years
- Relapse Prevention
- Relationship issues & couples counselling
- Supervision undertaken
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
£60-100 dependant on location - please contact for details!
NOTE: Disabled accessibility available in Guildford (GU2) and London (SW3)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesdays in central Guildford / Thursdays in London (SW3) / Saturdays in West Sussex (PO21) - contact for further details or additional enquiries
Types of client