I am a humanistic psychotherapist and would be pleased to hear what is concerning you. I offer space to reflect if you are finding life a struggle at the moment, or you may have a difficult situation or past experience. There is value in your story, what happened to you, what impact it has on you and the sense you have made of it.
I have a range of experience supporting clients from the young to the elderly working with anxiety, depression, loss, difficulties with relationships and emotions and those who have experienced traumatic circumstances. I work with bereavement, with those who are carers, or have an illness. I have been thinking about the impact of Covid-19, the challenges this presents and the impact on emotional health.
During the current social distance measures we would meet online or by telephone.
I welcome contact from all members of our community.
On making contact we arrange an initial assessment session to explain the counselling service and agree our contract for working together. We record key parts of your history and make time to establish if this is the correct service for you and build rapport for us to consider what we feel about working together.
You may then choose a few sessions to talk through something in particular or prefer to attend sessions on a regular basis. My range of experience supports me to respond to you as an individual within a therapeutic frame that fits with your needs, this could be short term interventions or longer term support. We would have regular reviews to reflect on our therapeutic relationship.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and my work adheres to their ethical framework and guidelines.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have gathered my counselling experience over a number of years working clients from 11 years old to mature adults developing a therapeutic alliance with to support emotional wellbeing and change.
- Willen Hospice Psychology and Counselling, Milton Keynes. Counsellor with carers, patients and bereaved family members.
- Milton Keynes Council Care Home Support Service, counsellor for staff members and families facing separation, isolation and loss during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Buckinghamshire Mind: working with adult clients time-limited with 10 sessions.
Hospice of St Francis Counselling and Bereavement Service and Family Support: Counsellor with adult clients and support work with children and young people (CYP).
Oxford Sexual Assault and Rape Crisis Centre: Counsellor with adult clients
- Time to Talk/Connexions, Aylesbury: Counsellor with Children and Young People age 11-24.
Juntos Family Therapy Clinic: I am part of the reflecting team to support studying for the Certificate in Systemic Practice with Families and Couples.
- Developing family therapy skills working in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Clinics (CAMHS) in East London and Northamptonshire.
- QUALIFICATIONS to June 2020
- Currently studying: MSc in Systemic and Family Psychotherapy, Institute of Family Therapy.
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Systemic Practice with Families & Couples, Institute of Family Therapy (Distinction)
- 2019/20 Certificate in Systemic Practice with Families & Couples, Institute of Family Therapy (Merit)
- 2019 Core and counselling specific training with Rape Crisis OSARCC
- 2019 City & Guilds/ National Centre for Suicide Prevention Training UK Suicide First Aid - Level 4 in Understanding Suicide Prevention
- 2018 Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapuetic Counselling (CPCAB), Buckinghamshire College Group.
- 2017 Awarded Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Qualification (ABC)
- 2015 Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therpay, Amersham & Wycombe College
- 2012-2014 Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Qualification (ABC), Amersham & Wycombe College
- 2012 Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills, Amersham & Wycombe College
- 2011 Introduction to Counselling, Oxford University Department for Continuing Education.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
Initially I suggest we speak on the telephone or online for up to 30 minutes to say hello and see if you feel I am a person that you would like to work with. There is no fee for this call.
I work with long term and short term clients, each session lasts for 50 minutes and the fee is £45 per session.
We will have up to 1 hour for the assessment process and the fee is £25.
Currently I am working by telephone or online.
I believe in making counselling as accessible to all as I am able to, with this in mind I have a few places that I can offer at a reduced rate per session, please contact me for details.
Cancellations of session with less than 24 hours notice will incur half the session fee.
Please contact me to make an appointment. I am available daytime, evening and alternate Saturday mornings.
I am studying to work with Families and Couples.
If you are would like to come forward for sessions with family members or as a couple, on the basis that I am a trainee, please make contact with me.