Niki Leggett MA, MBACP
Choosing a counsellor can be overwhelming, with so many counsellors listed in your area how will you know which counsellor to choose? Take your time to look through the listings. You could call or email to arrange a time for an initial chat before you book an appointment, this might help you get a feel for whether they could be the right therapist for you.
Talking to a trained counsellor gives you the time and space to speak openly, to say things out loud that you might not say to anyone else. This can provide you with fresh insight and gives you the opportunity to make changes to improve your quality of life and relationships.
I am a qualified and registered counsellor with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I work with a diverse range of clients and have additional experience in working with:
- Anxiety & depression.
- Bereavement & loss.
- Difficulties within personal relationships.
- Young people.
Within my practice as a counsellor I believe that the outcome of a good counselling experience will help my clients to feel empowered to find their own answers, to feel free to express themselves and make sense of their emotions, build self-esteem and resilience, and to feel more secure within themselves.
If you would like to arrange a call to discuss if counselling is something you would like to pursue you can email me on email@example.com or call and leave me a message on 07936 633391.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA, Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling, University of Hertfordshire
- PgDip, Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling, University of Hertfordshire
- I work with young people seeking emotional support within an educational setting. I also work at a bereavement network, which aims to help clients to work through their bereavement, make their own decisions, and adjust to their situation. I have worked at a women’s centre, counselling women from diverse backgrounds with complex emotional needs.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Fees: £45 per session for daytime appointments, £50 for evening appointments.
- Sessions are 50 minutes at a regular time agreed between us.
- I work on a long term and short term basis depending on individual clients needs.
- I undertake regular supervision of my work in line with BACP guidelines.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client