Nicola Wainer Psychodynamic Counsellor BPC Accred. Ba (hons)
07763 620875 / 07763 620875
I am a Psychodynamic Counsellor working in Enfield, North London. Fully accredited with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC). I offer counselling to clients from primary school age through adolescence to adult and couples in my private practice in a safe therapeutic space. I also perform assessments and work with adults at a local counselling centre.
I can help you with a wide range of life difficulties including anxiety, relationship issues, family issues, panic disorder, separation and divorce and depression. Together we can explore the issues that are troubling you whether these stem from your past, the present or your fears and anxieties about your future. I will provide you with a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space that will help us develop a unique therapeutic relationship that brings insight and understanding.
If you are feeling overwhelmed at the thought of coming to counselling or just unsure please contact me.
I use play and art therapy techniques employing a variety of media including sand to help children express themselves comfortably and effectively.
I hold a full DBS and follow the Child Protection regulations. I work to the ethical standards of my accrediting organisation, the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) and the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
I am easily accessible by public transport, Enfield Town and Bush Hill Park train stations are a 5 - 10 minute walk or I am a 5 minute walk from bus routes 192, 191, 231, 307, 313, 317, and 629. There is also ample car parking available in the road.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered General Nurse
- BA(hons) Degree University of Wales, College of Cardiff
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling accredited by the BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council)
- Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children (practice) accredited by the CPCAB.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Adult survivors of sexual and physical abuse (women and men)
Disability and trauma
Sexual and cultural minorities
Photos & videos
- Adults: First session: £60 (60 minutes). Subsequent sessions: £50 - £60 (50 minutes). I reserve some low-fee sessions for individuals with a limited income.
- Couples: First session: £65 (60 - 80 minutes). Subsequent sessions: £60 - £70 (50 minutes). I reserve some low-fee sessions for individuals with a limited income.
- Children: First session: £45 (60 minutes). Subsequent sessions: £40 (50 minutes). I reserve some low-fee sessions for individuals with a limited income.
- Concessionary places can be offered
- Counselling students - please contact to discuss
Please note that I do not have a waiting area for parents. Apart from the initial consultation, sessions are held with the child alone.
In common with most therapists, I charge for missed sessions or for cancelled sessions that cannot be rearranged.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have some available sessions. Please email for availability.
Types of client