Nicola Thomas - Adv. Dip. Integrated Counselling & Dip. Young People MBACP
49 Monkton Road
Hello, my name is Nicola.
I offer a warm, welcoming space that you will hopefully find comfortable and safe enough to share your thoughts and feelings.
I work with adults and young people from the age of 11 years old and would encourage you to look at my website to find more information about me.
I believe my personal experiences and wisdom, as well as my qualifications, adds to the richness of what I can offer you.
Please contact me with any questions you may have and I will endeavour to put you at ease. I understand that finding the courage to make initial contact can be quite frightening.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Working with Young People
- Mindfulness Diploma
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Sandtray Therapy
- Facilitating Groups
- Working with Parents
- Trained to teach .b Mindfulness Curriculum
- Working with Survivors of Abuse
- Substance Use/Misuse
- Sex and Intimacy after Sexual Abuse
- understanding ADHD
- Mental Health First Aid
- Teen Relationship Training
I am the Mental Health and Wellbeing Lead in a secondary school and I have previous experience with supporting young people in care. I have worked for the Children's Society, counselling parents/carers and delivered training for parents of teenagers.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Each hourly session costs £40.
I offer concessions to those who are on low income, as I believe everyone should be able to access Counselling. The initial session of an hour will cost £20. Within that time you can experience how our sessions together will feel, as our relationship is paramount. It will enable you to discover if I am someone you can trust as safe to share your thoughts and feelings with.
I welcome any questions you may have so please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07850424999. I invite you to take a look at my website mindfulcounsellor.com for more information.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am willing to be flexible to work around your needs but my main availability is weekdays after 4 pm and weekends.
Types of client