Nicola Keenan (child & adult), MBACP, Msc Counselling Psychology,
Hello and a warm welcome to my Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice.
My name is Nicola and I am an experienced, BACP Registered Counsellor based in Packmoor, Stoke-on-Trent and Wistaston, Cheshire covering Crewe, Alsager and Nantwich.
I offer face to face and online Counselling. Home visits can also be arranged. I offer short-term and long-term Counselling for Adults and Children aged 5 and upwards.
We all can experience difficulties with our mental health and well-being, and may need professional support to help us to manage it. I offer Person-centred Counselling, which was founded by Carl Rogers. It is a non-directive talking therapy. I will provide you with a non-judgemental, empathetic environment and support you so that you feel empowered to find your own solutions and make appropriate changes in your life.
I also offer Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) informed therapy. CBT Research has shown that individuals who are offered CBT remain well for longer. CBT focuses on challenging unhelpful thoughts and behaviours.
Child and Adolescent Counselling
Is your child experiencing emotional or behaviour problems? Counselling may be useful in helping to resolve these difficulties.
Counselling can provide children with a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment to talk through any difficulties they may be experiencing.
Counselling children may also involve working alongside parents in in order to make positive changes.
I will often discuss any new skills in which I use with children with parents so that they too can support their child in using these new skills.
Counselling can provide an opportunity to learn new ways of managing any problems, develop new skills of which the child can use during their life.
I offer Counselling to adults who are experiencing mental health and well-being difficulties.
Life can be emotionally challenging at times and stressful. I offer a safe, non-judgemental and confidential therapeutic environment for you explore your difficulties. I work alongside my clients to help them to solve any difficulties and facilitate change.
I have experience of working with clients who are experiencing a range of mental health and well-being difficulties including but not limited to, Depression, Anxiety, Low-self-esteem, OCD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Self-Harm, Suicidal thoughts, Domestic Abuse, Sexual, Emotional and Physical Abuse. I also have experience of working with children on the Autism Spectrum.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Counselling Psychology - Keele University
- BSc Hons Psychology Degree - The Open University
- CBT informed training - CYP IAPT
- Sexual Violence training
- Safeguarding Level 2 Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Domestic Abuse training - Cheshire East Local Safeguarding Children Board
- Level 3 New Psychoactive Substances ('Legal Highs') and Volatile Substance Misuse
- Level 3 Safeguarding Teenagers at Risk of Suicide and Self-harm
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children and Female Genital Mutilation
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children at Risk of Sexual Exploitation
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Working with Metaphor
- Play therapy.
I have worked as a Counsellor providing mental health and well-being support in a variety of settings which include schools, domestic abuse charities, sexual violence charities and children’s mental health services for children aged 5 and upwards. I have also run group mental health drop in sessions for many years, supporting individuals and seen many positive outcomes. I also offer mental health and well-being workshops within the community.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Face to face counselling - £40
- Online Counselling - £40
- Home visits - £60 plus 45p a mile
- Student discounts available
How to pay
Payment is requested in advance 48 hours before the session.
- Direct Bank payment
Any cancellations need to be made 48 hours in advance, if you cancel after this or do not attend the session then the full payment will not be refunded.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|