Life can be difficult and challenging at times. Having someone to support you and talk things through can help you find the strength to overcome difficulties in your life.
I am a qualified counsellor with over 4 years experience, working with clients on a one-to-one basis. I provide a safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment to work through difficult and often painful life issues. I offer both short-term and long-term therapy, which can be tailored to your specific needs.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and as such work to their Code of Ethics.
Alongside private practice, I work within the NHS providing counselling for mild to moderate mental health issues. These include: Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Loss and Bereavement, Stress, Childhood Sexual Abuse, Work Related Stress, Relationship Difficulties.
Prior to my training as a Counsellor I worked within the NHS as a Nurse for mental health services for over 10years.
If you feel like counselling would be of benefit to you, I would be happy to see you for an initial 30 minute appointment. This is an opportunity to discuss what has brought you to counselling and what goals you would like to achieve from therapy. We can also discuss any questions or queries you may have about counselling and what it involves.
Training, qualifications & experience
Prior to my training as a counsellor I worked within the NHS mental health services ranging from Acute to medium secure services right though to rehabilitation and supported living. This has under pinned my knowlede and skills as a Counsellor.
- Diploma in Counselling
- Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- (2013) Certificate in HATE CRIME
- (2014) Certificate in female genital mutilation and arranged marriage.
- (2015) Certificate in Child sexual exploitation
- (2015) Certificate - Working with self harm
- (2016) Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- (2018) Transactional Analysis
- (2018) Certificate in working with Adults with Autism
- (2018) Certificate in Supervision
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Initial appointment Fee is £20 and will last 30 minutes.
Counselling Fees: £35 per 50 minute session.
Students: £30 per 50 minute session.
I also offer supervision at £45
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client