Nicky Evans. MBACP Adv Dip Counselling BSc (Hons) Psych
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile. My counselling practice is based in central Tonbridge where I provide a confidential service in a safe and comfortable environment. Day and evening appointments are available.
I trained at West Kent College and received an Advance Diploma in Humanistic Counselling. I also attend workshops to keep my training up to date. To keep you safe and to guarantee that therapeutic standards are maintained, I am a member of and registered with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and work according to its code of ethics and standards.
My philosophy is that the therapeutic relationship that we build together is key to bringing about change for you. I believe that you are the expert of your own life, I will walk alongside you on your journey helping you to deal with your emotional issues. My job is to be there with you, really hear you, understand how you are feeling and work towards positive change.
At times life can be challenging, overwhelming or we can simply feel that we have lost our way. This is when we can experience feelings of stress, depression, anxiety or just being alone and not knowing which way to turn.
During these times we could all do with a little extra help. Someone to talk to, someone to unburden our feelings and thoughts to or someone who can give us what we need to manage the feelings we are having and work towards positive change. This is what counselling can provide.
Please visit my website for more information.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold the following qualifications:
- Advance Diploma in Humanistic Counselling.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- TA101 Transactional Analysis.
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis, Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Psychology BSc Hons.
- Working Safely and Therapeutically with Domestic Abuse.
- Societal Rape Myths and Traumatic Reactions.
- Suicide and Suicidal Ideation.
- Making Anger Your Friend.
- Animal Assisted Therapy Workshop.
- Mind Mental Health 3 day workshop.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
£40 per session.
Concessionary rates are available. Please contact me directly to discuss.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 10am - 7.30pm
Types of client