Nicky Wiper BA(Hons) Reg.BACP, Member AST
01206 852782 / 07923 467316
I am an experienced Creative and Sand Play Therapist and Counsellor that understands that we can experience many difficult challenges throughout our life's journey and that ,at times, we may need some support to work through these.
To support you, i offer a flexible, emphatic,understanding,non judgemental approach that can include a variety of strategies, suited to your individual needs, in a safe,secure and confidential space.
My normal fees are :
£40 -50 per session.
However,I feel that cost should not be a barrier to getting support, so please contact me to discuss fees.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked for many years in the Education sector, including Primary, Secondary and SEMH Schools, providing Creative and Sand Play Therapy for children and adolescents with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
I am especially experienced in working with children/adolescents/adults diagnosed with ADHD, ASD, ODD, Self harming, OCD, Depression and other Mental Health issues.
I am also experienced in offering support for families affected by all types of abuse.
I am able to offer clinical supervision to counsellors and creative/play therapists as well as providing sand play process sessions for trainee sand play therapists.
- BA(Hons) Health and Social care (1st)
- Post-graduate Certificate in Education
- Post-graduate Diploma in Evidence based Play Therapy
- Diploma in Clinical and Pastoral Counselling
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision(British Psychological Society BPS)
- Registered Sand Play Therapist
- Accredited Play Therapist.
Registered Member British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Member Association of Sand Play Therapy (MAST).
I hold an enhanced DBS and abide by the Code of Conduct and Ethical Framework of BACP.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£40 -50 per session, however, I feel that finances should not be a barrier to accessing sessions so fees can be negotiable.
Sand play Sessions
£40 to £50 per 50 minute session.
£50 per hour session.
Trainee counsellors and trainee sand play therapists/play therapists
£40-£50 per 50 minute session.
However fees are negotiable, and can be discussed.
24 hours notice or normal charges apply.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Basic German|
Evenings after 5pm. Friday 10am - 4pm. Saturday availability by discussion
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a Certified Clinical Supervisor (BPS) and can offer supervision to Counsellors, Creative Therapists and Play Therapists.View supervision profile