Nicky Johnson, Counsellor (MBACP)
I know that it can be difficult to look for help and support, especially when feeling vulnerable. With so many counsellors to choose from I think it is important that you find someone who is easy to talk to and one whom you feel comfortable with. If you choose me, I can offer you:
- Compassion, sensitivity and warmth; someone who is easy to talk to.
- An approach that is proactive; one that helps you to find different ways of looking at negative beliefs, troublesome thoughts and behaviours.
- Emotional support when exploring current life issues or concerns.
- Complete respect and confidentiality.
CAN COUNSELLING HELP ME?
Counselling can help you to gain a new perspective on your situation.
I can help you with:
- Feelings of anxiety, stress and depression.
- Bereavement and grief.
- Relationship difficulties.
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
- Major life changes such as redundancy, health issues or retirement.
However, you may not have a clear or specific problem but feel that your life lacks meaning or direction, and need help in getting your life back on track.
I began counsellor training in 2006 and since qualifying have worked for various counselling charities such as Counselling for Carers and Palace Gate Counselling (based in Exeter). This has given me valuable experience.
Once you have contacted me, we can arrange for an initial meeting, free of charge, which usually lasts half an hour.
This will be an opportunity for me to find out a little bit about what brings you to counselling, and for you to see whether you feel comfortable working with me as your counsellor.
Please see my website for further details and information: nickyjohnsoncounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor (this means that I draw on various theories and tailor my approach to suit your needs).
I am registered as a professional member of the BACP and adhere to their code of ethics.
I attend various workshops and lectures in order to ensure my practice is kept up to date.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
THE NEXT STEP…….
I am happy to meet with you for an initial half hour session, so that you can see if counselling is suitable for you. This session will also give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and decide whether or not to continue.
I will not tie you into any lengthy contract.
- Sessions are for one hour and are usually weekly.
- The number of sessions will be dependent upon your needs.
- My fee is £30 per session.
- Counselling takes place at my home, in a light, comfortable, welcoming environment. The location is quiet and there is ample parking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available most days and early evenings 9am - 6pm and 7pm - 8pm.
Types of client