In just a few sessions of therapy or coaching I can help you to gain clarity and freedom of mind overcoming difficult symptoms, behaviours and habits leading to less anxiety and more peace of mind.
Every person, no matter what their circumstances, has mental well-being within them but they innocently lose touch with it through a misunderstanding about how life works and where our experiences and feelings come from. When people don't understand how the system works they can feel anxiety, stress, panic and depressed. You don't have to live that way despite the current circumstances of your life.
I'm passionate about helping people understand their true nature and how the human 'system' works so that they can reach their highest potential, increase contentment and make effortless change.
I use a very effective approach and most clients only see me between one and six times, even for trauma cases.
As a Human Givens therapist, I am trained in the most up-to-date, evidence-based and effective approach to psychotherapy and psychology.
The therapy aims to calm clients down from the very first meeting helping them to move forward without unduly focusing on the past.
If trauma is involved then the very effective and non-intrusive Rewind technique can be used. I work closely with PTSD Resoultion helping military veterans overcome trauma.
I work with adults. I have an enhanced DBS.
To get started I offer a free 15 minute telephone chat. Please call me on 07891687678 or email me at email@example.com
Training, qualifications & experience
- First class degree in Psychology of Human Communication Bsc (Hons).
- HG. Dip. P. Level 3 Psychotherapy Diploma (Distinction) with The Human Givens Institute.
Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Personal and Business Coaching through Barefoot Coaching.
- Many professional holistic therapy qualifications.
- Professional Membership - MHGI
- I work closely with PTSD Resolution helping military veterans overcome trauma.
- Student Therapist (Consultant) The University of Derby.
- Human Resources Consultant with companies such as Accenture.
- Adapt Children's Charity supporting families with poorly and premature babies.
- Programme Manager running an initial teacher training programme.
- Rethink Mental Illness supporting carers through training and support groups
- I have had my own holistic health business for over ten years.
- Associate Coach with Worth-it Projects coaching teenagers in school and
delivering mental well-being and coaching training to parents and professionals.
- In life I have navigated the death of a parent to cancer during my twenties, a child having
open heart surgery, marriage breakdown and life as a single parent. I always operate
from a non-judgemental position.
Human Givens Institute
The Human Givens Institute (HGI) is both a membership organisation and a professional body representing the interests of those in the caring and teaching professions who have an interest in or utilise the human givens approach. Counselling Directory register Registered Members (MHGI) and Fellow Members (FHGI), who will have completed the Post Graduate Practitioner's Assessment (Part III) and who are fully qualified to practise as a human givens therapist or counsellor. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Coronavirus update - all sessions are being help online or by telephone at present.
You can book a single Session for either 1 hour - £60 or 1 hour and 30 minutes £80. This is brief therapy so it is very cost effective. If you are facing financial difficulties please message me to discuss a fee reduction.
This can be face to face at my clinic in Quorn, Leicestershire, walk and talk in North Leicestershire, via Skype or by telephone.
Most clients only require between one and six sessions even when trauma is involved.