MNCS (accredited ) CMCOSCA
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Going through something difficult and looking for a safe and non-judgemental space to talk? By knowing what questions to ask, you will find the answers to move forward.
Following a person-centred approach, I help people to reconnect with their inner thoughts and feelings that may have been obscured by stress, depression and anxiety.
I have supported people overcome mental health issues such as:
- Addictions, compulsions, and obsessions: substance abuse, social media
- Confidence and self-esteem : panic attacks
- Financial worries: money management, credit card debt, financial debt
- Loss and bereavement
- Abuse : All forms of abuse
- Relationship issues: family, professional, loneliness and isolation
- Stress management: anxiety, depression, pressure, work-related stress, stress from your studies
Training, qualifications & experience
Throughout my 16 years of professional experience, I understand the emotional and psychological impact of a diverse range of mental health issues. Having managed and supervised teams of 15+ people, I can identify with high pressured working environments. This also includes the demands and pressure of the current COVID 19 pandemic. Therefore, no matter what you’re going through, you can expect a truly open and supportive counselling relationship with me.
- Certified Online and Telephone Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling - Aberdeen
- University Counselling Skills Programme - Aberdeen
- University HND Social Science - Aberdeen College
- Accredited member of National Counselling Society
- Member of Scotland’s professional body for Counselling and Psychotherapy (COSCA)
- Member of Scottish Social Services Council
- Volunteer counsellor at Aberdeen Counselling Information Service (ACIS) from 2005 to present.
- Ex-volunteer at former Alcoholic Support
I believe in lifelong learning and I am currently pursuing other professional development and training.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSCA)
COSCA is the professional body for counselling and psychotherapy in Scotland, and seeks to advance all forms of counselling and psychotherapy and the use of counselling skills by promoting best practice and through the delivery of a range of sustainable services. COSCA Counsellor Accreditation is a pathway to entry onto the UKRC.
It is a requirement of all individual and organisational members of COSCA to abide by its Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice and be accountable to the Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
One to One, Telephone and Online
£55 for 50mins
Note: please note currently I am not available for one to one due to Covid 19
Affiliate Counsellor for BUPA
Affiliate Counsellor for Health Assured