Newman Health & Wellbeing
Newman Health & Wellbeing Counselling & Psychotherapy offers affordable counselling to the local community. We are based in our own building on the campus of Newman University in Bartley Green, Birmingham.
Why choose Newman Health & Wellbeing Counselling & Psychotherapy?
- Affordable counselling and psychotherapy with minimal waiting lists - concessionary rates available
- Professional and confidential service
- Expertise in counselling for all ages – children, young people and adults
- Flexible appointment times – daytime and evenings
- Strong therapeutic knowledge base – working with counsellors who have access to the latest skills and knowledge
- Integrative approach to therapy – means the client issue comes first rather than being fixed to a single way of working
- Clinical supervision – all counsellors receive external supervision to ensure the quality of therapeutic work
- Assessment by an experienced practitioner who will match you to the right counsellor for your issues
- Delivered from comfortable and welcoming surroundings with good parking facilities
- Range of payment options – cash, credit/debit card and online
Training, qualifications & experience
Newman University has been training counselling practitioners in an integrative approach for many years.
Newman Health & Wellbeing Counselling & Psychotherapy brings the skills of practitioners, tutors and trainee practitioners together to deliver a professional counselling service. All counsellors will be members of their professional bodies and will work to the relevant professional code. Some counsellors will be working towards accreditation others will be accredited counsellors with many years of experience.
You will be matched to a counsellor best able to relate to you and the issues you want to resolve.
Member organisations *
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Our standard fee for private clients is £32, with concessionary spaces available based on ability to pay.