Newman Health & Wellbeing Counselling & Psychotherapy offers affordable counselling to the local community. We are based in our own building on the campus of Newman University in Bartley Green, Birmingham.
Why choose Newman Health & Wellbeing Counselling & Psychotherapy?
- Affordable counselling and psychotherapy with minimal waiting lists - concessionary rates available
- Professional and confidential service
- Expertise in counselling for all ages – children, young people and adults
- Flexible appointment times – daytime and evenings
- Strong therapeutic knowledge base – working with counsellors who have access to the latest skills and knowledge
- Integrative approach to therapy – means the client issue comes first rather than being fixed to a single way of working
- Clinical supervision – all counsellors receive external supervision to ensure the quality of therapeutic work
- Assessment by an experienced practitioner who will match you to the right counsellor for your issues
- Delivered from comfortable and welcoming surroundings with good parking facilities
- Range of payment options – cash, credit/debit card and online
Training, qualifications & experience
Newman University has been training counselling practitioners in an integrative approach for many years.
Newman Health & Wellbeing Counselling & Psychotherapy brings the skills of practitioners, tutors and trainee practitioners together to deliver a professional counselling service. All counsellors will be members of their professional bodies and will work to the relevant professional code. Some counsellors will be working towards accreditation others will be accredited counsellors with many years of experience.
You will be matched to a counsellor best able to relate to you and the issues you want to resolve.
Member organisations *
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Concessions offered for
Our standard fee for private clients is £35, with concessionary spaces available based on ability to pay.
When we work
Monday-Friday. Evening appointments offered on Mondays and Thursdays.