Please note that due to the situation at present regarding Covid-19, I will only be providing telephone and online counselling.
Are you looking for someone to talk to about your worries, emotions and feelings especially in the difficult times at present, well maybe now is the moment.
I am a qualified person centred counsellor with over 15 years experience working for the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) NHS, and a registered member of BACP. I have been involved working with children, young people and their families from many different backgrounds and cultures including work within Sure Start and Children's centres. I now provide a safe and calm therapeutic environment working with couples, adults, children, and young people.
My experience covers a number of areas including anxiety and generalised anxiety disorder, couples/relationships counselling, phobias, depression, PND, abuse, self harm, and attachment difficulties. Much of my work allows people to think about their feelings and emotions and why they behave in the way they do, and to guide them to work through their own issues in a calm, empathic, non-judgemental environment. This means they can have the courage to open up about their difficult experiences and build on their own inner strengths and increased self esteem and understanding, to move forward and change the course of their lives.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Introduction to Counselling Skills, University of Wales (Bangor)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Wales (Bangor)
- Counselling Certificate (person centred)
- Counselling Diploma (person centred)
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy training (DDP, attachment based for children suffering trauma & abuse), level 1, London.
- DDP training level 2, London.
- Solihull Approach training, (Behavioural model)
- Train the trainers, Solihull Approach training.
- Diploma in Relationship & Couples Counselling (level 4)
- Further training on anxiety and generalised anxiety disorder
- Specialist Mental Health Practitioner/Counsellor working therapeutically with children, young people and adults within the NHS, often from traumatic and abusive backgrounds including bullying.
- Experience working with children, young people and adults with anxiety and depression often affecting their daily lives.
- Working therapeutically with parents/carers of fostered or adopted children.
- Solution Focussed therapeutic work with children and their families often thinking about challenging behaviour and the impact on home and school environments.
- Consultation and Reflective Practice Group with Family Support Professionals in Children Centre, including training in areas for example PND, attachment, domestic violence and motivation to work.
- Relationship issues with couples as well as individuals.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session for individual therapy (session 1 hour)
£50.00 per session for couples (session 1 hour)
Please contact me to discuss possible concessional appointments.
Following many years of experiences working with people and individuals in different settings, I then had opportunity to change careers and follow my heart to work in psychology and counselling. Since then I have been involved with children and young people over 16 years in a variety of environments including the voluntary sector, CAMHS, Sure Start and Children's Centres, also working with adults both individually, couples and family relationships. I like to think I'm an empathic and reflective person enabling people to feel at ease to talk more freely and express their emotions & feelings in a safe environment.
Please feel welcome to contact me and discuss how best we can work together as often the worst hurdle is opening up to a person you don't know. Once the ice is broken, it can feel a relief to have the space to talk safely and in private and to work out what you want to get out of the counselling.