Neil Loffhagen - MBACP, BA (Hons.)
4 Tocker Gardens
Is there something in your life not quite as you wish it to be? Perhaps anger comes too quickly or is too intense, maybe you are trying to come to terms with some loss in your life, you may have experienced some kind of abuse, have low self esteem, a relationship may have ended, maybe you are unsure of your gender or sexuality or there may just be a feeling that something is not quite right.
We can work together to discover yourself, to help you become who you wish to be, rather than who others may think you should be - being yourself.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Person-centred, Focusing-oriented, Psychosexual and Relationship therapist/counsellor. I have been counselling for over 8 years. As well as seeing clients privately, I have volunteered at a youth charity, based in Reading, Berkshire, counselling young people aged from 12 to 24.
- Advanced trainee in Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy
- Essentials in Gender And Sexual Diversity Therapy
- Certificate in Focusing Skills and Theory for Therapists
- Diploma in Person-Centred counselling
- Certificate in Person-Centred counselling
- Certificate in Counselling and Listening Skills
- BA (Hons) in psychology
Member of the following organisations:
- Registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Member of College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT)
- Member of the British Association for the Person-Centred Approach (BAPCA)
- Member of the World Association for Person Centred & Experiential Psychotherapy & Counselling (WAPCEPC)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity (GSRD/LGBTQ)
Photos & videos
The horrible bit – I charge £60 per counselling hour, which is 50 minutes. We are all unique in what works best for us, so a session can be longer or shorter according to your wishes. This is open for discussion. Costs are then charged pro-rata. Some concessions are available for students and others.
Payment can be by cash, cheque, PayPal or using “mobile to mobile payments”.
Because it is important that we both feel comfortable with the counselling relationship, being able to work together, the first 30 minutes of our first session is free. Your choice is then to leave or continue on with the session. If you don't feel comfortable working with me there is no obligation to continue or return. If you later change your mind, you are, of course, welcome to come back.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evenings and some weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|