Nathan Staniford MA Clinical Counselling (MBACP)
The first step can often be the hardest; talking to someone who is removed from your situation can help. I am a qualified and experienced counsellor with hundreds of hours of client work.
I offer a safe, confidential, calm and non-judgemental therapeutic space. I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and comply with their Ethical Framework. I attend regular clinical supervision to ensure I am working to professional standards.
In addition to my private work I am employed by the NHS. I have worked in four NHS hospitals counselling patients and staff and volunteered at a University counselling students. I have worked with men and women between the ages of 18 and 80. I offer short-term focussed sessions or long-term exploratory sessions, whichever suits the client's needs. I know that a friendly and professional client/counsellor relationship can be helpful and healing.
I understand the importance of mental health and its link to physical health. I am also experienced at counselling people who have ill health (including cancer) and those who are linked to the person experiencing ill health. I have witnessed people accepting and overcoming the disturbance and change illness can bring.
I have a private practice on the outskirts of Chester with parking and easy access. I will work with your needs and at your pace to explore and resolve your issues. Send an email to reach out and take that first step.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Private Practice
- Staff Support Counsellor at Royal Preston Hospital NHS
- Staff Support Counsellor at Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
- Volunteer Counsellor at Liverpool Hope University
- Staff Support Counsellor at The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS
- Trainee Counsellor at Liverpool Hope University
- Trainee Counsellor at The Hamar Help & Support Centre - The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS
- MA Clinical Counselling (BACP accredited course)
- Postgraduate Diploma Clinical Counselling
- Certificate Counselling
ADDITIONAL TRAINING DAYS
- Trauma and it's Aftermath
- Working with Troubled Students
- Radicalisation and Terrorism Awareness
- CBT and Managing Anxiety
- A Psychodynamic View of Therapy
- NHS Patient Centred Care
- NHS Corporate Induction
- Data Protection (GDPR)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
£20 for our first session (30 minutes).
£40 per session, concessions available (50 minutes).
Sessions payable in cash at time of session or by bank transfer.
Wheelchair access/disability friendly.
Registered Member BACP.
I offer home visits.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
daytime and evening appointments, home visits available
Types of client