Nathan Staniford MA Clinical Counselling, Registered Member BACP
The first step can often be the hardest; talking to someone who is independent of your situation can help.
If you are encountering a difficult period of life, realising that something is wrong or acknowledging that something needs to change, I offer a safe, confidential, calm, warm and non-judgemental therapeutic space. I am a registered member of the BACP and comply with their Ethical Framework.
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor with hundreds of hours of client work. I have worked in two NHS settings and a University counselling men and women between the ages of 18 and 80.
I understand the importance of mental health and its link and equality to physical health. I will work with your needs and at your pace to explore and resolve your issues.
I have a private practice on the outskirts of Chester (Broughton) with parking and easy access. Send an email to make that first step.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Associate Counsellor at Liverpool Hope University, 2017-18
- Staff Support Counsellor at The Countess of Chester Hospital (NHS), 2017
- Trainee Counsellor at Liverpool Hope University, 2015-16
- Trainee Counsellor at The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital (NHS), 2015-16
- MA Clinical Counselling, University of Chester, 2013-2016
- Postgraduate Diploma Clinical Counselling, University of Chester, 2013-2016
- Certificate Counselling, University of Chester, 2012-2013
ADDITIONAL TRAINING DAYS (CPD)
- 'Trauma and it's Aftermath'
- 'Working with Troubled Students'
- 'Radicalisation and Terrorism Awareness'
- 'CBT and Managing Anxiety'
- 'Suicide Awareness and Prevention'
- NHS Patient Centred Care
- NHS Corporate Induction
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£20 for our first introductory session (approximately 30 minutes).
£35 per session, concessions available (50 minutes).
Sessions payable in cash at time of session.
Registered Member BACP
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
daytime and evening appointments available
Types of client