Natasha Jacob BSc(Hons) MBACP
A qualified and committed Humanistic & Integrative therapist, possessing the necessary qualities needed to work effectively with adults, adolescents and children.
Alongside private practice, I work in a busy primary school in Hampshire and as part of a clinical team within a charitable organisation. I provide counselling to those impacted by the effects of metal health, additional needs, terminal diagnosis and trauma.
I value individual difference, honesty, integrity and the want to find your own path. I strongly believe people can be empowered to find their own answers through the unique counselling relationship. I have sound knowledge of a range of theoretical approaches to counselling and their application, and am able to deeply empathise whilst retaining an objective and realistic approach to a persons individual needs.
There can be times in life that leave us feeling alone, anxious and desperate for a break from our own mind. These are the times that you are likely to find yourself in search of help and a sense of direction as to how to heal or make difficult decisions. The pain of depression and anxiety can be unbearable and cruel, however I whole heartedly believe that a chance to explore and re-process a situation can lead us to find resolution and a choice of change.
Training, qualifications & experience
My initial training began at Peterborough city college where I qualified in Level 2 in counselling skills and level 3 in counselling concepts.
I continued my training at The Sherwood Institute in Nottingham for a further 3 years and successfully obtained a First-Class BSc (Hons) in Humanistic / Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy.
I have attended many varied training and professional development workshops including :
- Introduction to Therapeutic work with children - Terapia – Aug 2018 to Sept 2018
- Play therapy
- Neuroscience behind play - 2018
- Rewind Trauma therapy (CPD) - 10/03/2018
- TQUK Level 3 Award in Adult and Paediatric First Aid (RQF) - 14/02/2018
- PODS Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery (CPD) 12/11/2016
- Outcome star training (Evidence based tool that measures change) - 20/10/2016
- Edge of darkness & the razors edge - Suicide and Self-Harm (CPD) - 08/10/2016
- NSPCC Online Child Protection Course (NSPCC) - May 2015
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 - Hourly rate
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client