Natasha Clewley MBACP(Accred) Clinical Supervisor
I am an experienced counsellor with 10 years of experience in various counselling settings. with a background in education and the community.
I am accredited as a counsellor/psychotherapist with the BACP.
My aim is always to help you to feel heard, understood and ultimately better and more able to cope with and enjoy life.
I offer face to face, video and email counselling for individuals.
If you want to learn more about how I work and what I offer when you choose to become one of my clients then just reach out and I will answer any questions you have.
If you would like to get back on track then do get in touch. Book your first session with me.
About Counselling -
There are many different counselling approaches. I work using a blend of approaches to ensure that each person that comes to me feels they have the support that matches their need.
I use tools like CBT based interventions for things like anxiety and trauma. I also use some creative methods when appropriate. I use solution focused therapy to help with that 'stuck' feeling we get- when things go round and round- it's a great approach to help you find out what you need and the steps you can take to get there.
Mostly I listen to each client and together we talk and explore their journey and their current experiences. Are you looking for support to cope with anxiety support to explore relationship issues, there are so many reasons to seek support grief anxiety disorders, social issues, relationship issues, feelings of sadness and depression and so much more.
My professional experience means that I am able to support a wide range of needs and issues. I also specialise in the following areas:-
- supporting Men's mental health- Support for men to be really heard, without judgement. I am a believer in the importance of accessible mental health support for men.
- supporting complex mental health issues. (perhaps you have not been able to access help anywhere else, or found that the help is limited or that you have felt misunderstood.)
- supporting young people 11+ - Working on managing anxiety,Depression,Self harm, social phobias, cyberbullying, peer pressure.
The therapy I provide is open ended so you can come for as many sessions as you feel is needed. There is no minimum mount of sessions however in counselling it's best to try and commit to at least 6 sessions so you can get a sense of how the therapy is working for you.
Sessions are either 50 minutes or 1.5 hours long- depending on need and circumstances
- What happens next
You can take that first step to feeling better than you do now...
Now is the time for you to pick up the phone or lick on that email and just get in touch. I am happy to talk to you in a free 20 minute phone consultation Sometimes it's easier to send an email- so do that if you need.
We always have an 'initial' session - we talk about whats going in for you and why you are seeking counselling. We might look at what you want to achieve from counselling. You will certainly be heard, supported and come away knowing that you have finally got that space you needed.
My availability is currently by appointment only- so just get in touch to make a booking. I am usually available daytimes mon/weds/thurs and weekends. I always try to accommodate clients needs. Complicated work schedules or commitments are something I am happy wot work around where possible.
If you want support but can't get out for a session-I can see you via secure encrypted video link or telephone.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified and experience counsellor/psychotherapist
- Accredited Registered Member BACP
- Certified Clinical Supervisor (CPCAB)
- Significant post qualification experience
- HE counselling experience
- Online counselling experience
- Dual heritage counsellor- BME background
- Short and Long Term counselling
- 10 years + experience in counselling, mental health and working with youth
- Trauma focused CBT
- Just some of the areas I cover Anxiety, depression, mens mental health, grief, working with children and young people, stress, work issues, panic disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, suicidal thoughts
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Please get in touch for fees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please get in touch for availability
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer refreshing and dynamic supervision in a supportive space.