Natalie Kerr, FdSc, MBACP, MNCS (Accredited)
Some people come to counselling for specific issues, others because they just don’t feel right. Perhaps you are having difficulty talking to friends and family, whatever the reason I am here’s to help. Making the decision to come to counselling can be daunting, but it is a positive step to gaining insight and understanding, and finding a better path. I am just two miles from the centre of both Ballymena and Broughshane, with easy access to Belfast and Coleraine.
Sitting in a relaxed and comfortable room, overlooking green fields can help calm you. The confidential nature of counselling means you can talk about things you might not feel comfortable talking about with anyone else.
With training and experience in counselling children, adolescents and adults, I can help with a range of issues.
I trained as a counsellor after attending counselling myself and seeing first hand the benefits of it. I trained in a Doctors surgery, a local secondary school and with Childline to help gain experience working with different ages, different issues and modalities of counselling. This means I have experience counselling face-to-face, online and via telephone. Although I continue to work within a GP surgery and school setting, I also work within private practice.
I believe we are all individual and therefore my approach to working with any issue will differ from client to client. I will work with you in a manner best suited to you using techniques and theories from many different types of counselling.
Could counselling help?
Counselling can help with many issues, some of which are -
Anxiety and stress
Anger and guilt
Loss and grief
Lack of motivation
Fears and phobias.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bsc (Honours) Psychology with Counselling
- FdSc Counselling - distinction
- Certificate in Counselling - distinction
- Certificate in Counselling Children and Adolescents - distinction
- Emotions and emotional disorders
- Depression: a compassionate view
- Woman and girls on the autism spectrum
- Introduction to child psychology
- Child neglect and protection awareness
- Understanding Psychological trauma
- Attachment in the early years
- Parent-Teen communication
- Bullying awareness
- Drug, solvent and alcohol abuse counselling
- Anger Managment
- Play therapy diploma
- Applied suicide intevention
- Mental Health First Aid
- Complex Grief
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
Access NI cleared
Public liabiality and professional imdenity Insuranced.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
Sliding scale fees - I understand that counselling can seem unattainable because of the cost which is why I will work with you to make sure you pay what is affordable for you. I don’t think counselling should become a financial burden.
Reduced rates for student Counsellors - Being a Student Counsellor is expensive! I offer a reduced rate of £15 per session if you are completing any counselling course.
CARD PAYMENTS ACCEPTED.
”I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I’m so glad I called Natalie, she is so easy to talk to and really helped with my anger issues.” Anon
”Very very good. A great listener.” Billy
”I’ve attended counselling before but it never seemed to help, from the first time I meet with Natalie everything came pouring out, I just felt so comfortable.” Anon
If you would like further information please call/text 07482863731 or email email@example.com.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 6am to 9pm Saturday 9am to 5pm Sunday 9am to 1pm
Types of client