Natalie Anne Wilcox
West Street Counselling and Psychotherapy Service
11 West Street
I am a qualified Integrative Psychodynamic Counsellor and registered to practice with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I offer an adult service, open to anyone who may wish to seek counselling or psychotherapy, for reasons of personal development, relationship difficulties, mental health issues, life events and trauma. The therapy that I offer is collaborative and will carefully consider your individual needs and circumstances.
I work in a relational way, creating a confidential space, where safety and trust can be established; enabling the expression of thoughts and feelings that are causing concern. This may or may not lead to more in depth exploration of issue(s) that you have identified as problematic.
I also work in a holistic way, exploring the psychological link between mind and body, that may appear in bodily symptoms.
Additionally, as a qualified Personal Trainer I am able to offer exercise and nutritional advice, that can be beneficial for the purpose of mood enhancing or calming and have been found to be particular helpful in the treatment of anxiety and depression (NICE Guidelines).
Training, qualifications & experience
Psychology, Counselling and Psychotherapy Qualifications
- Diploma in Integrative Psychodynamic Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Existential Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling)
- Foundation Certificate in Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy (New School of Psychotherapy & Counselling).
- BSc Psychology Single Honours (University of Surrey)
- Over ten years experience in the field of Psychology, including the provision of a Counselling and Psychotherapy services in both voluntary and private sectors, and NHS.
Personal Trainer and Advanced Instructor
I am a qualified REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals) Level 3 Personal Trainer and Advanced Fitness Instructor. I can advise on exercise and nutrition that could help to lift your mood, reduce anxiety and overall improve your mental and physical well-being.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My Counselling and Psychotherapy fee is £50 per 50 minute session and the Initial Assessment is charged at the same rate.
Therapy is on an individual, generally once weekly basis and can be open-ended or short-term – the length of therapy will be dependent on your needs and this will be discussed at the Initial Assessment and reviewed throughout the course of therapy.
The purpose of the Initial Assessment will be to begin to talk about what has been happening in your life that has brought you to therapy, expectations, aims/goals for the work and over what time period. This is open to review over the course of therapy, as aims and goals are likely to change. The emphasis will be on working collaboratively throughout the therapeutic process, with regular reviews.
Counselling can evoke many painful and difficult feelings, as such I believe it is of crucial importance that you not only feel supported in therapy, but also have access to support in your external life. Other sources of support that are available locally can be discussed. As in any other relationship, it is also important that you feel that I am right for you as a therapist and if your needs cover an issue that is outside the range of my experience or may be a specialist area, an appropriate referral will be made and discussed with you.
As a registered Psychodynamic Counsellor I abide by the BACP Code of Conduct, Standards and Ethical Practice (www.bacp.co.uk).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Friday evenings 17.00-21.00
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|