Naoum Liotas, MBACP (Reg.), ECP holder, EAGT
There are times when we feel constricted and trapped by the things we find ourselves thinking or doing. We might regret several of our choices in life and notice that we are gathering resentment for things and people without being able to resolve some unfinished business in our personal history. Being overwhelmed by anxiety, fear, grief or other emotions may stand in the way of moving forward in life.
In such situations, therapy can help address deep-seated emotional issues or trauma that stand in our way. By having someone that has the necessary training to deeply listen to what you have to say in an impartial, supportive and at the same time challenging way, can help you address any emotional or unresolved issues you are carrying along so that you can find some kind of solace, peace or relief.
What is Gestalt Psychotherapy - My approach
Self-exploration is a gift you can give to yourself and that will eventually lead you to a much richer and more whole life. Gestalt psychotherapy is holistic and supports its clients in taking responsibility for their lives and choices while affirming their choices and helping them become who they truly are. It is not unusual that societal demands and early life indoctrination stand in the way of a life well-lived.
Who am I
I am a counsellor, coach and psychotherapist currently working in charities and in the NHS. I have extensive experience with a wide variety of people from different cultures facing a variety of issues such as anxiety, stress, panic attacks, social anxiety, chronic illness, depression, sexual orientation and gender identity as well as anger management and bereavement.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Training:
- European Certificate of Psychotherapy (European Association for Psychotherapy)
- Certificate of Gestalt Practitioner in Organisations
- European Certificate of Gestalt Psychotherapy
- PG Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Foundation Level Course in Art Therapy
- Certificate as a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Certificate in Gestalt Coaching and Gestalt Organisational Consulting
- Master of Business Administration with specialisation in Human Resource Management
- Working as a Step 3 Counsellor for the NHS
- Working as a Senior Counsellor and Lead Co-ordinator for a charity for HIV+ patients
- Working at a low-cost counselling voluntary placement
- Worked in the Steering Committee of an Internation Coaching Programme for frontline personnel working with refugees
- At the executive committee of an international association for Gestalt in Organisations
- Experience with facilitating therapy groups, adult education seminars, lecturing in business and organisational psychology and providing seminars for coaching skills for managers.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- LGBT counselling
Photos & videos
- Psychotherapy and Counselling: £65 (50-min session)
- Coaching: £100 (50-min session - self-funded)
I am available in Central London in three different locations (SE1, W2 and W10).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available on Monday and Tuesday evenings at Bayswater location. Available Friday mornings and one slot 18:00-18:50 on Thursday evening at London Bridge area available as well.
Types of client