Nadine Geraghty Reg.MBACP (Snr. Accred),
There are many reasons why someone seeks counselling or therapy and it is essential that you feel confident about the therapist you choose. So why should you contact me?
Many of the people I have seen have been recommended by previous clients. Clients have lived in the immediate area but many have travelled from further afield; Boston, Sleaford, Newark, Lincoln, Southall, Nottingham, Melton Mowbray, Stamford, Peterborough and as far away as London.
I am a trained psychotherapist and a Senior Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. Membership of this organisation indicates that I abide by their code of ethics and follow their guidelines of good practice and that I offer a competent and professional service.
Your difficulties are specific to you and I have undertaken comprehensive therapy training and can adapt my approach to meet your individual needs. I am trained as an Occupational Therapist and take a whole person approach to emotional and/or physical well being to help you achieve your potential.
21 years working in the N.H.S. helping adults with mental health problems.
14 years working for Employee Assistance Programmes supporting employees with personal or work related issues.
14 years working in private practice seeing individuals or couples who experience emotional, psychological or mental health problems.
No matter what your problem is we can make sense of your experience and together help you discover a way forward that works better for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Post Grad. Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Studies, Diploma in Counselling, Advanced Certificate in Counselling, Certificate in Counselling. Over the last 21 years I have attended courses and seminars that have covered many topics including but not exhaustive; managing anxiety, managing depression, anger management, stress management, assertiveness skills, bereavement, relationship issues, personality problems, self harm behaviour, survivors of abuse, addictions, bereavement and coaching skills.
I have completed a three year training in Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy and have found this approach to be very beneficial for clients as it helps to identify unhelpful ways of coping, assists with reduction of anxiety and facilitates a more effective way of managing emotions. Trials have shown this method to be as effective as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
I believe in maintaining professional awareness and the need for ongoing professional development and attend training days and seminars relevant to my work.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
A general sense of unease or discontentment with life.
Photos & videos
Individuals: £45.00 for a sixty minute session. Concessionary rates are available so please do not let financial constraints be a barrier to accessing support.
What to expect:
- An initial appointment in which I can gain an understanding of your difficulties, you can see what I offer and then together we can determine how we will achieve your goals.
- Flexible appointment times including evenings and weekends.
- Consultations to suit your needs; single, set number or open ended appointments.
- Block appointments for those travelling any distance.
- A centrally located office within Grantham town centre.
- Ground floor accommodation with disabled toilet facilities.
- Car parking nearby.
- Accessibility from locations further afield as Grantham is located on the London to Edinburgh train route and has good road links.
- Skype and telephone contact considered following initial meeting.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 7pm. Saturday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|