Nadia Ramoul, MA Registered Member MBACP - Leytonstone
Hello and thank you for taking the time to look at my profile. Below I have included what I feel are the most important things to be aware of, but you are very welcome to contact me with any further questions you may have.
Making the decision to have counselling can be unnerving at first. There are so many different approaches and ways of working, so finding the right therapist can be difficult.
I believe that the relationship between client and counsellor is the most important thing, so I offer an initial phone consultation for free, to ensure that both parties are able to work collaboratively together and be a good fit before starting therapy.
Who I am
As a member of the BACP, I am bound by the ethical framework which outlines the responsibilities and values a therapist holds.
I work integratively, meaning that I utilize parts of different therapeutic methods that I feel best fit the needs of each client. On the whole, I use mainly Person Centred theory, with elements of Gestalt, Existential, Psychodynamic and CBT.
The therapy is client-driven, placing value on individual autonomy and reflection rather than analysis. I work cooperatively with clients to assist them in finding their own paths to personal development and positive change, with empathy, understanding and collaboration.
Everyone has their own unique way of percieving the world and their place within it and I feel it is beneficial to work within this framework to investigate where issues lie and how they can be explored and resolved.
I have experience working with bereavement, domestic violence, anxiety, depression, panic, self harm, eating disorders, relationships, abuse, trauma, workplace stress, bullying, low self-esteem, loneliness, loss and many other issues.
Please feel free to get in touch to discuss how therapy could be beneficial, I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (PCT, Gestalt, CBT, Existential)
- Place2Be Training
- Art Therapy Training
- Play Therapy Training
- Autism and Asperger's Syndrome Training
- Mindfulness Training
- Domestic Violence Training
- I am currently undertaking my MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy
- I undertake ongoing professional and personal development as part of my commitment to the BACP to build upon my existing skills.
- I am a member of the Birkbeck Counselling Association and a student member of the British Psychoanalytic Council
- I run a small private practice (Sprouts Therapy)
- I currently work with children and young people as a School Counsellor (SPM) for Place2Be
- I volunteer at the Centre for Better Health, Hackney
- I previously worked for Harman House Counselling Centre, Dagenham
- My background is in corporate communication, art and literature
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Binge-eating disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Initial telephone consultation free of charge
- Sessions £40 for 50 minutes
- Sliding scale / concessions available for clients not in work / receiving benefits
- I offer both short term (approx 12 weeks) and open-ended, longer term work.
I work in a secure, private environment a minute from Leytonstone Underground Station, easily accessible via bus or train with private parking available.
My background is in the arts and literature, and creative expression is welcome and encouraged in client work, including painting, sculpting etc, should clients wish.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday Evenings available on request. Please contact for exact availability
Types of client