Myriam Ferreira MBACP (Reg.) HA2/W1U
It is said that every journey starts with a single step and the first step starts with YOU ....
- Is anxiety or depression stopping you from getting the most out of life?
- Do you have relationship issues?
- Do you lack energy, have negative thoughts or feel frustrated?
- Do you feel somehow disconnected to your life or unfulfilled?
- Are you finding it difficult to process your thoughts / feelings?
- Have you found yourself at a crossroad, lost or faced with redundancy?
- Are you finding it a struggle just getting through the day?
- Are you going through a separation, divorce or feel communication has broken down in your relationships?
Perhaps it is time to take control and counselling can help you do this.
HOW CAN I HELP YOU
Taking the first step is the hardest part of any journey and seeking help might be the first step for you. It can be very lonely in troubled times and hard to turn to family or friends, perhaps you feel they will not be able to understand. Sharing your personal world may be difficult to embark upon.
But in my experience, counselling may help you find your own answers, healing, growth or it may simply give you a huge sense of relief to share your troubles.
Aims of Counselling
- Relief from emotional pain
- Increased self-worth
- Trusting yourself and trusting others
- Improved overall sense of wellbeing & confidence
Whereas Counselling seeks to heal psychological or emotional issues, coaching can be seen as a way to optimize your life from a more stable ground. You may found yourself at a crossroads and perhaps you are feeling trapped, dissatisfied or full of energy but just not sure where to point it, personal coaching is about action and bridging the gulf between whom we are and where we want to be.
It may be that your needs fall somewhere within the spectrum between counselling and life coaching. I may propose an integrated approach for you - Personal Consultancy (Integrating Counselling & Coaching) which may assist you with the process of internal as well as external harmonisation and development within a safe and confidential environment.
At the first meeting I will ask some questions about you and your hopes and aims for coming to the session. This is also an opportunity for you to ask questions of me and find out if I am the right Counsellor/Personal coach for you. Assuming we decide to work together at this first session we will make a contract to work together for an initial period e.g. for 6 sessions, before reviewing our work together and then deciding how we continue.
Check my website to find out about my services: www.myriamcounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma Therapeutic Integrative counselling
- PG Integrative Counselling and Coaching (UEL)
- NLP Practitioner (The Lazarus Consultancy)
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
- Lecturer in Further Education
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am also a personal consultant use a combination of counselling and life coach
Photos & videos
HARROW: HA1 & HA2
FIRST Initial session for £40 in Harrow. We can meet and discuss how we would work together. There is no obligation to continue beyond this.
- Day time from £45 day time (10-15:00)
- Evening from £50 evening
CENTRAL LONDON BAKER STREET (Thursday and Friday)
FIRST Initial session for £90 in Baker Street. We can meet and discuss how we would work together. There is no obligation to continue beyond this.
- Day time £340 for 4 sessions / to be paid in advance
To ensure I offer a professional service to all my clients I have regular supervision, undertake regular i.e. Continuing Professional Development, and hold Professional Liability Insurance.
Free local parking is available, as well as good public transport links.
If you would like further information or wish to ask any questions, I would be pleased to answer them.
Please call 07963 441455 or send me an email, both of which will receive a prompt response. If you do telephone me, you are likely to get my voicemail or I may not be able to speak to you personally. Please do leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I am available.
I offer daytime and early evening appointments during the week.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||I am also a french native speaker|
I offer daytime Thursday and Friday (10:00-15:00); and evening appointments during the week
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|