Miranda Keeley, Registered MBACP (Accred), BA Hons, FdA Counselling,
I am an experienced BACP accredited counsellor who has been alongside clients through the most challenging periods of their lives. Helping clients work through issues such as bereavement, life limiting illnesses, depression, anxiety, stress, relationship issues, domestic and sexual abuse.
I work with people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds. I have experience in different settings like Watford Peace Hospice, Watford Women's Centre, REMA Counselling Service, the NHS and private practice.
What to expect
Counselling sessions last 50 minutes and we usually meet once a week for a period of time. Short term work is usually 6 – 12 sessions and longer term work can last as long as it takes to reach your therapeutic goals. Please feel free to call or email me for further information or to arrange an initial meeting.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited and Registered Member BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- Foundation Degree in Person-Centred Counselling.
- BPS Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision.
- NHS approved Counselling For Depression
- Trained in providing Solution Focussed Brief Therapy.
- 9 years experience of counselling clients at a variety of settings.
- Manager of a BACP Accredited low cost counselling service, REMA Counselling.
- Staff Counsellor at Peace Hospice Care Watford.
- 9 years running a busy and thriving women’s counselling service within a women’s centre.
- Trainer and team leader running workshops on domestic abuse awareness, post-traumatic stress disorder associated with domestic abuse, working with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse, working with suicidal clients, breaking patterns to build healthy relationships and understanding emotional eating.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Individual counselling £50 per session.
I can offer an initial free half-hour meeting to discuss your therapeutic goals and potentially working together, or we could arrange a discussion on the phone (please note this is not a counselling session).
The number of sessions is dependent on your goals but typically short term work is 8 to 12 weekly sessions, while longer term work is a weekly session until you have reached your therapeutic goals.
Clinical Supervision £50 per hour and £35 for trainees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am an experienced supervisor with extensive experience of supporting counsellors whilst in training and on placement. .