Mikki Turner Registered MBACP
I am a Person Centered Integrative Therapist, driven by my curiosity of the diverse human experience of ‘life'.
My journey as a counsellor began after a time when perhaps similar to you, life felt unbearable ‘as it was’. Fundamentally, I aspire to meet you on a level of equality, you are the expert on how you experience the world, even though it might not feel this way right now.
I can help you work through life experiences including:
- Depression, Stress and Anxiety
- Loss and Bereavement/Pet Bereavement
- Suicidal thoughts and feelings
- Low Self-Esteem/Confidence
- Relationship problems
- Emotional Abuse
- Self Injury
- Unresolved Childhood issues
- Aspergers/relationship with someone with Aspergers
- Problems in the workplace
- Challenging Life stages
Would the opportunity to talk in privacy without judgement, or concern that you might worry those close to you feel beneficial?
I would feel privileged to share this journey with you........
If sitting in a counselling room is not for you, perhaps Outdoor Counselling (Walking Therapy) might be of interest? Movement has proven benefits both physically and emotionally and imagine how this experience might be enhanced further by a walk alongside a river, through woodland, fields or a park.
What happens next?
- Free 15 minute informal telephone conversation to allow for a brief introduction.
- Initial consultation in the Therapy Room to explore your needs and what I can offer.
- Duration of therapy agreed, or left open dependent on initial needs and anything else arising during our work together.
I am bound by and adhere to good practice of the ethical framework BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). I participate in regular supervision and Continued Professional Development.
Training, qualifications & experience
Valuable experience gained during my role as a Samaritan Volunteer and Bereavement Support Volunteer, before becoming a therapist, deepened my beliefs on the acceptance of one's 'own' experiencing. I am currently a Volunteer Counsellor with a local organisation promoting mental health and well-being in addition to private practice.
I have personal experience of Aspergers which I feel enhances my understanding of issues presented in the Autistic way of being.
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Integrating Art & Storytelling into Therapy
- Child Protection Training
- BACP - Working with Children & Young People
- Understanding Autism and PDA
- National Autistic Society - Understanding Autism, Autism & Communication, Autism & Sensory Experience, Autism - Stress & Anxiety, Autism - Supporting Families.
- Enhanced DBS Holder
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Photos & videos
- Free 15 minute telephone consultation to discuss your requirements.
- 50 minute Session fee £40.00
- 50 minute Telephone Consultation session fee £40. Payable by BACS transfer in advance of session.
Free Parking on the premises where the Therapy Room is based.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to discuss requirements. Days/times negotiable.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|