Bereavement Counsellor in Coatbridge
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Thank you for visiting my profile, where my moto is: Seek support when you need it! At present, sessions are taking place by video chat, using Zoom or by telephone, or in-person if you prefer. Please check junk or spam folder if no reply within 48 hours.
Is counselling for me?
If you have found yourself here you may be looking for some support. Are you feeling sad, anxious or depressed? Perhaps you are grieving as the result of the loss of a loved one, a beloved pet or a job and you are in need of some emotional support, but have no one to turn to? Or maybe you are struggling in a relationship or with a break up? Having a safe place to express and explore what is happening for you emotionally, physically and/or psychologically, can empower you to work towards making the changes you desire to feel better and live your life more fully, in a way that feels right for you. Talking to a Counsellor can really help you to gain clarity and understanding about what these feelings are, what they are trying to teach you and how you can grow with or around them.
Sometimes we find ourselves facing life circumstances which negatively affect us, leaving us feeling hurt, angry and confused. Often, we can find and use our own strengths to deal with these situations. Sometimes, however, they can leave us feeling overwhelmed, anxious, depressed or even feeling worthless. At these times it can be helpful to explore these feelings with someone who is able to listen without judgement, collaborate with you in a safe and confidential space, and support you as you explore and work through these feelings to find a solution that is right for you. Attending counselling can really help you to feel stronger, happier, more confident but more importantly, more you!
What I do
I work in a very relational way, and my reason for listening so intently to what you have to say, is so you can be heard, and also that I can understand what is going on for you. My goal is to be by your side as you find your voice, your way forward and indeed as you find you!
I have a particular interest in working with bereavement and loss as well as life limiting or life threatening illness, and have experience working with local charities and within a hospice setting. That being said, I can also help with other difficulties such as anxiety and depression, low confidence and self esteem, relationship problems, identity issues; stress, phobias, anger, body image, self harming, historical and current abuse; trauma issues and more. If you don't see what you are looking for here, please drop me a line or give me a call, and if I'm not the right fit for you, I could perhaps help you find someone who is.
As a Person Centered Counsellor and Psychotherapist, I can offer you a safe and confidential space, where you will be met with genuineness, respect and kindness. I work in a supportive and non-judgemental way, with a view to try to understand your experience. This can help you to explore your feelings and emotions, and help you to work towards making the changes you want in your life and improve your sense of self-worth.
What happens next?
It can be scarey to reach out and ask for help, but if you feel you are ready to do so then please call or drop me a text on 07791531755 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an initial session. I offer a free 15 minute initial telephone consultation, at a mutually agreed time, where we can talk about what you want to get out of counselling and I can answer any questions you may have. If I am unable to answer your call, please leave me a message, along with a convenient time, and I will get back to you. Only I have access to your messages so you can be assured of confidentiality and discretion. Should you decide you wish to commence with counselling sessions, we would arrange to meet, or connect on a confidential online platform, on a weekly basis from there.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in counselling and psychotherapy from the University of Strathclyde
- BSc Hons in Psychology from the Open University
- Cognitive Behavioural Training Certificate
- Solution Focussed Training Certificate
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and can be found on the BACP Register which shows training to a recognised standard on an accredited course and work to BACP Ethical Guidelines
- Extensive experience in counselling and mental health, ranging from working in the voluntary sector, private and hospice settings
- Extensive experience of working with a wide range of issues including bereavement and loss, life limiting illness, anxiety, depression, stress, relationship and family issues, plus many others
- Experience in working with Employee Assistance Programmes
- St Andrew's Hospice Grief and Loss Trained
- Experience working within a charity setting working with mild to moderate psychological distress
- Experience working within a charity setting offering support to people living with life limiting illness and bereavement
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Trained
- Dementia Friends Training Talk
- Work within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice and receive regular Professional Supervision and Continuous Professional Development.
- Rewind Technique trained
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£55.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Limited number of concessions available.
Accepted payment methods: Cash; BACS direct transfer; Card payment
When I work
Call now for your free initial 15 minute telephone consultation. I offer flexible appointments including early mornings, evenings and weekends to work around your busy schedule.
- 1:1 face to face counselling sessions;
- Short Term and open ended counselling;
- Early mornings, evenings and weekends in Lanarkshire to work around your busy schedule;
- Easy access from motorways, train stations and bus stops
- A warm, welcoming, and safe space;
- Free car parking locally;
- Professional, confidential and friendly service.
I also offer:
- an initial 15 minute telephone consultation free of charge