Michelle Mainwood MBACP Registered
I am a qualified counsellor with experience working with adults and young people.
There are many reasons for people to turn to counselling. Sometimes just having someone impartial to listen to you and the time to talk freely without judgement can be beneficial to help you gain clarity and understanding. I offer a safe and confidential space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings and I help you to gain insight and understanding, which will enable you to work through your troubles.
I am an integrative counsellor, which means I integrate different models of counselling in order to meet the individual needs of my clients.
I am a registered member of the BACP (MBACP) and I abide by the BACP ethical framework.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma - therapeutic counselling
- Level 3 certificate - counselling studies
- Level 2 certificate - counselling skills
- I have also completed modules in mental health to give me a greater understanding of my clients, as well as attending various workshops to enhance my knowledge in the counselling field.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience working with people on a wide range of issues including mental health problems, anxiety disorders, bullying, isolation, self-harm, low self-esteem and many more.
- Counselling sessions are 50 minutes long.
- The cost of each individual session is £60.00.
- The first consultation is offered at a discounted fee of £50.00.
I understand how daunting entering counselling is, so why not contact me and we can discuss your needs and decide whether you want to book a consultation session and enter counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have flexible availability, weekends and weekdays.
Types of client