Michelle Mainwood MBACP
Key 4 Change
2 Beasleys Yard
I am a qualified counsellor with experience working with adults and young people.
There are many reasons for people to turn to counselling. Sometimes just having someone impartial to listen to you and the time to talk freely without judgement can be beneficial to help you gain clarity and understanding. I offer a safe and confidential space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings and I help you to gain insight and understanding, which will enable you to work through any difficulties you may have.
I am an integrative counsellor, which means I incorporate different models of counselling in order to meet the individual needs of my clients. My core approach is person centred therapy, however I use cognitive behavioural therapy and psychodynamic therapy depending on the requirements of my clients.
I am a registered member of the BACP (MBACP) and I abide by the BACP ethical framework.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma - Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 certificate - Counselling Studies
- Level 2 certificate - Counselling Skills
- I have also completed modules in Mental Health to give me a greater understanding of my clients, I continue to attend workshops to enhance my knowledge in the counselling field.
I am currently working as a school counsellor in a secondary school and have previously worked as a counsellor in a youth counselling agency.
Although I have worked closely with young people, I have experience and welcome adults in my private practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Counselling sessions are 50 minutes long.
- The cost of each individual session is £50.00.
- The first consultation is offered at a discounted fee of £30.00.
I understand how difficult entering counselling maybe to many, so why not contact me and we can discuss your needs and decide whether you want to book a consultation session and enter counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have flexible availability, weekends and weekdays.
Types of client