Michelle King MSc MBACP Dip.
I am offering online counselling over zoom or telephone counselling during these unprecedented times. Don't struggle alone; I'm here for you.
Are any of these things true for you?
- I feel anxious and constantly worry about things
- I avoid certain situations for fear of being embarrassed or judged
- I feel sad, hopeless and disinterested in life
- I feel alone and have no-one to talk to
Life isn’t always plain sailing; many of us have times when we feel overwhelmed, weighed down or trapped and it can seem there is nowhere to turn. At those moments, having someone to talk to about your feelings without judgement can be invaluable.
I offer one-to-one counselling to young people (11+) and adults facing issues such as generalised anxiety disorder, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, low self esteem, family issues, grief and more.
"It's normal to struggle sometimes but you don't have to be alone."
Counselling with me is an opportunity to explore and better understand yourself, and to grow in confidence. You will have the opportunity to breathe, reflect and be heard.
I believe we are all our own experts, and through the power of talking I hope to awaken a deeper awareness of your unique potential and open up the possibility for positive change.
When working with children and young people, I often bring more creative methods into the therapy room. Children relate to the world in very different ways; through play, art and creativity, I help them explore their feelings and tell their unique stories.
If you’re an adult who loves to be creative, we can work with that too!
My work is primarily rooted in the person-centred approach: a talking therapy that puts you - the client - at the centre of the counselling relationship. I also integrate aspects of psychodynamic therapy and cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) into my work; in this way my counselling is tailored to each individual client; it’s as unique as you are.
Training, qualifications & experience
• CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
• CPCAB Level 3 in Counselling Theory
• CPCAB Level 2 in Counselling Skills
• Understanding Anxiety, Depression and CBT – University of Reading & Future Learn
• Park House School, Newbury – counselling 11-18 year olds
• Kennet School, Thatcham – counselling 11-18 year olds
• Private Practice – counselling young people aged 11+ and adults
• Home Start West Berkshire – group therapy for women with PND
• Time to Talk West Berkshire, Parent Project – counselling adults
• Time to Talk West Berkshire – counselling 11-25 year olds
• Oxford City College – counselling 18-25 year olds
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
£60 per session in Central Reading.
£50 per session in Woodcote, S Oxon.
I offer concessions for students and sometimes have a means tested appointment slot available. Please contact me for further information.
Deciding to try counselling can feel like a big step, but if you would like more information please drop me an email or give me a call. I would usually suggest an initial session in which you can ask questions, explore how we might work together and most importantly get a feel for me as a counsellor. Finding the right therapist to work with is key, so that first session is your opportunity to make sure it works for you. I offer 50 minute sessions (which can be either weekly or more regularly) and can work both short or long term, depending on your individual needs.
I look forward to working with you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Availability during weekdays 9-5pm. Please email or call for more details.
Types of client