Are you feeling hopeless, depressed, overwhelmed or anxious? Are there relationships in your life that you are finding difficult to handle or navigate? Do you feel stuck and can’t seem to see a way forward? Are you feeling lonely despite being surrounded with people because it’s difficult to open up to them? Perhaps you have already talked to someone but you felt belittled, dismissed, or not truly heard or understood? Maybe you just want to understand your circumstances, yourself and those around you. I want you to know that you do not have to go through this alone. You matter and what you are feeling is important. You are worth listening to and being cared for. By considering counselling, you have already taken the courageous first step towards healing and change.
As a qualified Integrative Counsellor, I use a variety of techniques, modalities and tools to come up with a tailor-made approach to your unique needs. Specifically, I draw methods and interventions from Psychodynamic, Person-Centered and Cognitive Behavioural approaches through the Relational Integrative Model. I place high value in the quality of the therapeutic relationship - ensuring that it is characterised by empathy, genuineness, and unconditional acceptance. As your counsellor, I will listen to you and provide you with a safe and therapeutic environment where you can be yourself without fear of judgment. I will be respectful of your thoughts, feelings and beliefs and we will explore these together at your own pace. Be it a present issue or unresolved pain from the past, I will support you and work collaboratively with you in every step you take toward recovery. The aim is for you to grow in self-awareness and ultimately, to empower you to independently deal with your issues. This is based on the belief that you already have the solution within yourself and I will serve as but a guide who will help you uncover this, move forward in life, and unlock your potential for growth, development and personal change.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master of Science in Integrative Counselling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MBACP / Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Experienced in various counselling settings (non-profit/charity organisations, hospitals and multidisciplinary clinics) as a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist for adults (ages 18 and above)
- The wide range of issues I have worked with include the following: depression, anxiety and panic, work-related stress (i.e. burnout, stress management, performance anxiety), suicide, self-harm, bereavement and loss, relationship problems (e.g. emotional abuse, trauma, victims of bullying, etc.), self-esteem and self-image issues, body image issues, issues surrounding sexuality, substance abuse/misuse/addiction, among others. I also worked with clients who have been clinically diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Bipolar Disorder (BD), Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) and Hearing Voices, Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Paranoid Personality Disorder (PPD), Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Dysthymia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Disorder (PD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), among others.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Selah Integrative Therapy (S.I.T.) Clients (CHESTER)
- £50.00 per session for adult clients
- £45.00 per session for counseling & psychotherapy trainees
Connexus Health and Rehabilitation Clients (WARRINGTON)
- £59.00 per session for adult clients
- £54.00 per session for counseling & psychotherapy trainees
Concessions offered for
Please send an email (Chester Clients) to email@example.com or call the Connexus team (Warrington Clients) on 0808 1963 688 to enquire on the available time slots.