Michelle Farrar, Grad Dip MBACP
I am an experienced person-centred counsellor based in Congleton, committed to providing a high quality professional practice. I offer a safe and respectful environment to enable you to explore your issues in a non-judgemental confidential space.
If you (or someone close to you) is struggling with anxiety, low mood or depression, bereavement, low self esteem or confidence, family or relationship issues, bullying, behavioural issues, abuse or similar problems, then please contact me to discuss how I can help.
Your counselling will be tailored to suit your individual needs, be that short or long term therapy, and I may draw on other approaches such as CBT and solution focused therapy, or use creative interventions such as mindfulness, drawing and visualisation when appropriate.
I offer counselling to Children (5+), Young People, Adults and Family Groups.
I hold a valid Enchanced DBS Certificate.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling from the Metropolitan University of Manchester
- Certificate of Proficiency in Counselling from the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Intermediate Multi-Agency Safeguarding
- Level 1 Safeguarding Children
- Working with Families
- Working with Blended Families
- Working with Conflict within Families
- Working Creatively with Families
- CBT with Eating Disorders
- ASIST in Suicidal First Aid
- Working with Suicidal Clients
- Sexual Abuse/Violence Awareness
- Behavioural Activation in Depression
- Working with Trauma
- Erotic Transference
- Inner Child
- Class Issues in Counselling
- Equality & Diversity
- Responding to Conflict
2,000+ hours working with Children & Young People and Adults for local charities.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Children, Young People & Adults - £40 per 1 hour session.
Family Groups - £50 per 1 hour session.
Student Counsellors - £30 per 1 hour session.
I work in a room situated on the outskirts of Congleton town centre, which offers both convenience and discretion.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, Early Evenings and Saturdays
Types of client