A warm welcome to this site, and a little bit about me:
My interest in counselling first started in the early 90s when I volunteered for Victim Support. I noticed the positive change in people when they felt that they were listened to and not judged, and the difference when they felt held when trying to talk about their experiences. As a trained Reminiscence Group Leader for Age Concern I also witnessed the same positive changes when group members felt they were really being heard, often for the first time.
This experience directly lead me onto the path of counselling. To begin with I took my H.N.C. in Counselling and Psychotherapy and then went to Strathclyde University, where I received my Post graduate Diploma in Counselling. During this time I counselled children in schools. I also volunteered for 6 years at a Sexual Abuse agency working with adult survivors. This training and experience was invaluable. I became particularly interested in Attachment and Abandonment issues, and how these affect our daily lives and behaviours. More recently I have completed a certificate in Trauma Psychotherapy.
I have been in private practice in Edinburgh and have recently moved Hereford
Through my experience I know how difficult it can be to talk about painful feelings- deep seated unhappiness, confusion, a sense of dread or fear- and this is why I offer a safe and confidential space. We can explore your deep rooted feelings in a non judgemental environment.
I work intuitively, paying close attention to the spoken and the unspoken. I know counselling requires commitment but it also requires enormous courage to build trust with a stranger, which is why my focus is to stay alongside you as you explore your feelings.
If you are starting to feel anxious or isolated please contact me on 07999475483 or email me.We can talk a while about how you are feeling and if you wish we can make an appointment.
I am a Registered Member MBACP
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- A Registered Member, MBACP
- Seven years working with children aged 6-11 and young adults.
- Specialising in trauma with Adults male and female.
- Certificate in Trauma Psychotherapy
- Experience in short term therapy.
- Certificate in Attachment -based practice.
- Certificate in Dissociation/self-injury/Eating disorders.
- Certificate on Inner Child Work.
- Certificate in Neuroscience and Psychological Safety.
- Certificate in Emotion -Focused Therapy.
- Certificate in Ritual Abuse.
- Certificate in Mindfulness.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
The charge is £45 per session, each session is one hour, and the first session is a place where you can ask Questions and an opportunity for you to decide if you feel in a safe and trusting environment with me
If you feel we can work together we can arrange further sessions, with reviews at six and twelve weeks.
Psychotherapy allows you to talk confidentially about experiences and feelings. Psychotherapists are not permitted to disclose any details of the session. However, confidentially can be broken if I feel you might harm yourself or others, if there are child protection issues or imminent criminal action. I would discuss with you beforehand so we could find the best way of moving forward.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client