Michele Mennitto (Menny) PgDip Supervision, PgDip Couns (CYP), Dip Couns MBACP
Rhondda Cynon Taff
- About Me:
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor and clinical supervisor Registered Member of the BACP.
I see clients in a number of arenas including community based settings, private practice and as part of the Rhondda Cynon Taf Carer's support service.
As well as the above-mentioned I have experience in University school-based settings and GP practice.
I am an integrative counsellor this means my approach to the work we will do together is informed by a number of counselling schools; this works very well as it allows me to adapt my work to the best way to suit your needs.
- About the Counselling
This is effectively your first step into counselling (even if you decide not to contact me) and this applies to those who are considering this for the first time and to those who have already had experience as clients.
I too had an experience as client and I know how challenging can be to make this decision.
I want you to know that I will never put any pressure onto you but I would rather attempt to answer any questions you have.
Most do this via e-mail, but if you prefer to receive a call include your number in your email. Refere to the (how to contact me section below).
If you are a parent seeking help for your child I am aware of the extent this can be anxiety provoking. As a parent myself I would have a number of questions too, for this reason I am happy for you to be present during the first assessment session, hopefully this would allow you to feel less anxious and for your son/daughter to make autonomous use of the confidential space offered in counselling.
For all my clients there-where adults or young people under the age of 18 I will be respectful of your choices, I will not direct you or give advice, I will offer you a confidential space and most importantly I will only work with you if you wish to do so.
- Number and Frequency of Sessions
The most common question from clients is about the number of sessions; this is a difficult one and my answer is:
"It's up to You, some clients have left after 3 sessions and some after 30; however the average is 8 sessions; some clients take their sessions weekly some forthrightly".
Most counsellors preferred way of working is on weekly basis, I would rather leave this as your choice as it is important for me to work at your pace.
We will periodically review the work we have done together and this will allow you to decide if continuing would be beneficial, or if may be the frequency needs changing, or to plan an ending together or even to have few months break; sometimes this last option can help you to decide if discussing further issues is truly what you wish to do.
- Session's Fees
You can see my fees at the bottom of the page.
Please before you make a decision based on my fee structure, feel free to discuss this with me.
- How to Contact Me:
The first point of contact would be via e-mail if you wish to receive a call include your number and i will endeavour to get back to you the same evening.
For e-mails received before 5PM I will attempt to get to call you between 7PM & 8PM if these times are not convenient please specify a time you prefer to receive a call, I would however need a 60 minutes window as this would allow me to find a confidential space from which I can make the call to you.
For e-mail received after 5PM I will call you the following evening (same as above) or within the 60 minutes window of your choice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills AQA
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling AQA
- Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Children & young People USW
- Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Consultative Supervision USW
- P2b Making Endings with Children
- BAAF L3 Safeguarding
- Working with Suicidal Clients (Alex Drummond)
- STOP IT NOW Preventing Sexual Abuse
- Drug Aid
- Melody Cranbourne-Rosser Broadening Horizons
- Using Arts in Therapy
- Trainee Counsellor in GP practice 2011/12
- Place2Be Volunteer Counsellor 2012
- Almond Tree Counselling Service, Senior Counsellor & In-House Supervisor,2013/Current
- Private Practice, 2013/Current
- Counsellor at RCT Carer's Project 2016/Current
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My area of specialism:
- Attachment in Adults ( Young Adults
- Attachment in Children (5-11)
- Social Implications
- Developmental Implications
- Attendance & Attainment in Separation Anxiety
- Attachment in Young People (11-18)
- Relationships Breakdown
- Transitions & Moving Away
FEES FOR 60 MINUTES SESSION
- £50 Adults (25 & Over)
- £40 Young People (11 to 18)
- Enquire (10 & Under)
- £60 Weekend Appointments (Sat-Sun)
- £400 For Students 10 Mandatory Sessions
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have 10 weeks waiting list.. Next available slots on 21/8/18 these will be open to be booked on 14/8/18. Supervisees slots available.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I have 4 years experience as Supervisor, I consider Clinical Supervision to be a space of reflexion and facilitation.