Michael Underwood Dip.Couns. MBACP
Others say I am caring, calm and softly-spoken, easy to talk to, and that they feel safe in my company.
- I see each person as deserving of respect but know this is not always given.
- I see you as being unique and as the only expert on you, so only you are qualified to direct your life – hence I don’t judge or offer advice.
- I also offer empathy as a way of understanding you and your world.
People find working with me reveals helpful insights.
My hope is that we will work together to find a way of overcoming your problems which is self-empowering and helps you gain control so you can stay trouble-free.
I apply the same approach in my own life.
I understand that entering counselling can feel challenging, but if you think you might like to enlist my support, please get in touch. You have nothing to lose but your problems!
"I felt I could understand more about who I am and what my future expectations are."
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Studies 2014, CPCAB
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2016, CPCAB
- Diploma in Online Counselling (Credit) 2017, OCST
I undertake ongoing Continual Professional Development courses as does any conscientious counsellor.
I have worked as a call-taker on a mental health helpline, a support worker for adults with learning disabilities, and as a counsellor in a family support centre as well as the NHS. So I have a wide range of working experience as well as that life-experience which comes from having lived a little.
Please view the website or text 07846960313 to find out more.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Dysfunctional relationships with parents
End of life
- Face-to-face: £40 - £45
- Video/Telephone: £35 - £40
- Instant Messaging/Email: £30 - £35
Prices above reflect £5 discount for block-booking 4+ sessions.
All sessions are payable in advance; via Paypal, credit/debit cards or BACS.
Concessionary rates are available for students/on benefits.
For a quick response try a brief text message or a phone call - a better quality of life is within your reach.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available most days.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|