Dr Michael Davey BA(Hons) Theology & Counselling, MBBS, FRCGP, MBACP
If life feels like a struggle, with painful thoughts and feelings from which you cannot escape or are exhausted fighting back - call me. I can provide you with a calm, peaceful sanctuary away from the stress of life to find yourself & be empowered.
I am an experienced counsellor offering one-to-one sessions for a wide range of emotional, mental health, relationship and spiritual issues.
My area of expertise is working with people in the health professions where stress forms a part of the job. My counselling experience includes doctors, nurses, teachers, clergy, business professionals, musicians and students.
I offer both short-term and long-term counselling depending on your needs and preferences. My style of working is both relational and integrative, two elements which are widely held by experts to be important for effective counselling.
Currently, I am doing all of my counselling work on-line. Additionally, I have private counselling rooms in Regent Street and in Middlesex, close to the borders of Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire, where I also offer outdoor 'walk & talk' counselling in the local countryside.
In addition, I am on the staff of the St Marylebone Healing & Counselling Centre near Baker Street and I am the appointed counsellor to the students at the London School of Theology.
In my capacity as a wellbeing coach I run workshops for national and local healthcare organisations and groups such as the Practitioner Health Programme, on wellbeing issues such as stress, burnout, resilience and self-care.
I am a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, a fellow of the Royal College of General Practitioners and a member of the Christian Medical Fellowship.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have been helping people with their mental health issues for 25 years as a Counsellor and a GP.
- Counselling Experience: REMA counselling centre in Watford, St Marylebone Healing & Counselling Centre in London, appointed counsellor to the students at the London School of Theology, private practice in Central London and Middlesex.
- In October 2020 I led a BACP on-line educational event for counsellors and psychotherapists entitled, "Working with health professionals during the covid-19 pandemic."
- In addition to my counselling work, I run emotional wellbeing workshops for NHS organisations nationally and locally, face-to-face and on-line, looking at issues such as stress, burnout, resilience and self-care.
- Counselling Qualification: BA(Hons) Theology & Counselling - My counselling training was undertaken at the London School of Theology, part of the University of Middlesex
- Medical Qualification: MB BS (University of London)
- Membership: British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Fellowship: Royal College of General Practitioners
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
£50 - £70 per session depending on your household income.
Monday to Friday
Daytimes and evenings