Dr Mia Hobbs, CPsychol DClinPsyc BSc Hons
I am an experienced Chartered Clinical Psychologist specialising in working with children, young people and their families. I offer support with a wide range of difficulties including anxiety, low mood, challenging behaviour, anger management and bereavement. I also offer parenting support and family sessions.
I aim to provide a warm, non-judgemental and collaborative space to support people with the difficulties they are facing.
I have over 10 years post-qualification experience in working in child and adolescent mental health services in the NHS and have been working in private practice since 2017.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the HCPC (Practitioner Psychologist - PYL06683)
- Chartered member of the British Psychological Society
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of East London
- First Class Bsc Hons Degree in Psychology with Sociology from the University of Bath
- I have completed post-qualification training in running parenting programmes (Webster-Stratton Incredible Years) and specialist training in cognitive assessments for children and young people.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Challenging behaviour.
- Parenting support.
- Sleep difficulties.
- Emotional and behavioural difficulties.
£120 per hour