Dr Mia Hobbs, CPsychol DClinPsyc BSc Hons
I am an experienced Chartered Clinical Psychologist specialising in working with children, young people and their families. I offer support with a wide range of difficulties including anxiety, low mood, challenging behaviour, anger management and bereavement. I also offer parenting support and family sessions.
I aim to provide a warm, non-judgemental and collaborative space to support people with the difficulties they are facing.
I have over 10 years post-qualification experience in working in child and adolescent mental health services in the NHS and have been working in private practice since 2017.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the HCPC (Practitioner Psychologist - PYL06683)
- Chartered member of the British Psychological Society
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of East London
- First Class Bsc Hons Degree in Psychology with Sociology from the University of Bath
- I have completed post-qualification training in running parenting programmes (Webster-Stratton Incredible Years) and specialist training in cognitive assessments for children and young people.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Challenging behaviour.
- Parenting support.
- Sleep difficulties.
- Emotional and behavioural difficulties.
£120 per hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently offer sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 2pm and 6pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer supervision to qualified Clinical Psychologists working with children, young people and families. I regret that I am unable to offer work experience placements or supervision to therapists in training.