Melanie Hoggett MNCS (Acc.)
I am an Integrative therapist with over 8 years’ experience providing Counselling, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Hypnotherapy, and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) to adults, couples and young people. My private practice is based in Trowse, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 and I offer integrated solutions and strategies for a whole range of symptoms and support for personal growth.
I work in a holistic way and use both traditional and alternative methods during the therapeutic session, whilst maintaining a strong focus on the therapeutic relationship established with clients. All therapy sessions are tailored to meet each individual’s specific needs. Although I cover a wide range of presenting issues my experience is greater in the areas of stress, anxiety, depression, excessive worrying, low self-esteem, low confidence, sexual/physical/emotional abuse, problematic relationships, grief, loss, separation, divorce, bullying, anger management, and negative view of self.
As your therapist, I offer you the opportunity to be heard without judgement, and endeavour to create a nurturing and safe environment built on compassion, respect, integrity and understanding. A place where you can explore your circumstances, understand your feelings, thoughts and behaviours. I will act as your guide with a curiosity to help you identify and transform old childhood negative beliefs, emotions, conditioning and programming that no longer serve you. I believe that the client is the person who decides what is best for them, and how they will achieve the changes they want to make. As your therapist, you will have my full commitment to aid you towards achieving your goals.
During therapy, I will strive to help you increase your sense of wholeness and value, self-reliance, self-trust and your belief in your ability to succeed. Through therapy my aim is to help you feel empowered to live the life you deserve, and provide you with the tools that will enable you to become your own inner therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy – Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society MNCS (Acc.)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Child Psychology Diploma Level 4 (O.A. Dip, Level 4 Certificate of Achievement awarded by ABC Awards)
- Counselling Children and Adolescents Diploma Level 4 (O.A. Dip, Level 4 Certificate of Achievement awarded by ABC Awards)
- EFT Level 3 Advanced Practitioner - Accredited Certified Member of Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques, AAMET (Acc.)
- Sociology A'Level
Uncompromised Life Programme (Marisa Peer) – Using the power of hypnosis to transform your life covering confidence, self-esteem, career success, relationships, self-belief and work ethic.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
The ability to improve your well being, happiness and health in terms of monetary value £ is priceless. I strongly believe that choosing a therapist that is right for you, is the most important part of therapy. I therefore offer a reduced rate no obligation 1 hour consultation/taster session, whereby I will gather information to obtain an understanding of your current difficulties, the goals you want to achieve, explain the different therapies that I offer, and explain what work will be done . The consultation will also focus on agreeing how we will work together, whether I feel I can help and give you the opportunity to ask any questions. After the leaving the consultation you can reflect and decide on whether you would like to commit to therapy with me.
My standard fees per 1 hour session are as follows:
- Consultation/taster 1 hour session fee is £20
- Individual Counselling, Psychotherapy, Mindfulness, CBT 1 hour session is £40
- Couples Counselling 1 hour session is £50
- Life coaching 1 hour session is £40
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) 1 hour session is £40
- EFT Group weight loss (maximum of 4 people) 1.5 hour session at £80
- My standard fee for hypnotherapy is £50 per hour.
- Hypnotherapy Programmes including MP3 Recordings:
* Quit smoking (consultation & 2 x hypnotherapy sessions) £120
* Irritable Bowel Syndrome (7 Sessions) £250
* Weight Loss (3 Sessions) £175
* Pregnancy and childbirth (3 sessions at 1st, 2nd & 3rd trimester) £175
Fees are due at the end of each session in the form of cash or cheque. Or for online bank transfers and PayPal, payment is required prior to the session.
Please note that I have a 24 hour cancellation policy in place, and failure to meet this notice period will result in the full session fee being charged. Allowances will be made where there are excruciating circumstances.
If you'd like to find out more about my therapies, please go to the top of this page or click on the link www.mjbcounselling.com and this will direct you to my website.
I am also a MIND Norwich & Central Norfolk Credentialled Therapist, where MIND has verified my qualifications, experience and professional responsibilities. Please click on this link if you'd like to find our more https://www.norwichmind.org.uk/get-support/talk-to-someone/credentialed-therapists
I keep written records in accordance with the Data Protection Act, and I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. I have a valid DBS Enhanced Certificate and I am fully insured.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays - both daytime and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|