Main area/s of expertise
I have been practicing counselling/psychotherapy for over 20 years and have developed experience to work with wide range of issues. I believe I am good with people and has good interpersonal skills; I understand the complexity of interactions that can lead to people's presenting issues.
Skill/ability for safe practice
My work involves both in NHS PSS and in private practice that provides therapeutic support to people with complex issues related to bereavement and to people who are living with the diagnosis of a terminal illness or have an immediate family member with a terminal diagnosis. The work is highly specialized affected by complex issues both pre and post death. It includes working with people bereaved by suicide, murder, fire, road traffic accident, illness and sudden or traumatic death. Because of the complex nature of the work many clients, although overtly presenting with issues triggered by bereavement or impending loss, struggle with depression, anxiety, stress, relationship difficulties, existential anxiety and a collapse of their identity as well as many other related problems; the prospect of death or the aftermath of it brings many other issues to the surface.
I am highly skilled practitioner and able to work with people of different ages and with different and diverse backgrounds and needs. I work integratively and has worked successfully with clients requiring short-term, solution-focused interventions as well as longer-term work where an understanding of psychodynamic ideas and the importance of early life influences on clients has been more appropriate. I also have a good grounding in working with clients with mild to moderate depression and with anxiety and stress. I am CBT trained and able to utilize a broad range of cognitive tools to assist clients in managing distressing symptoms and, at the same time, facilitate greater understanding of the role that anxiety can play in people’s lives. I am trained in Mindfulness to assist clients in trauma incidents and to help clients to learn to live in the present moments.
I have ability to offer counselling in other languages which can be a huge bonus as I have particular sound understanding of the specific cultural issues that Asian men and women face in the modern world.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling. (Integrative) I have studied for over 4 years, 2 years in Psychodynamic Approach and 2 years in Integrative Approach.
I am also CBT trained and can help people with their cognition and behavioral problems
l have also studied 2 years in Psychology and have training in Complementary and Alternative Therapies.
I have over 15 years of experience working both in NHS and in private sector.
I specializing in Depression - (stress, anxiety), Bereavement/Loss - ( terminal illness, accident, suicide, job loss,) Phobias - OCD - Low - Self Esteems - Relationships difficulties and Cultural difficulties.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- ISSUES RELATED = CULTURAL EXPECTATIONS FROM FAMILIES AND SOCIETY.
- ISSUES RELATED = GENERATION GAP BETWEEN CHILDREN AND PARENTS.
- ISSUES RELATED = ARRANGE MARRIAGE.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Individuals: £30.00 - £45.00 per session
Unemployed / students: £25.00 per session
Questions for seeking Counselling:
- Are you affected by the death of someone or loss of something?
- Do you feel lost or alone in your Grief?
- Do you feel that NO-ONE understands how you feel?
- Are you struggling to deal with the pressure of Cultural Expectations?
- Do you find yourself alone and not being understood, caught between cultures, experiencing conflict?
- Maybe you could benefit from talking things through with a COUNSELLOR in confidence.
- Is there a Breakdown in Communication in your relationship?
- Do you feel like you are going around in Circles?
Depression, Stress, Anxiety:
- Are you Overwhelmed with feelings of Loneliness, Sadness, Lack of Motivation, Loss of energy and emptiness?
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Hindi, Gujarati (I'm not fluent in Urdu, Punjabi but can understand conversation and reply in Hindi)|
Monday - Friday - 8.00am-6.00pm. Saturday - 9.00am-2.00pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|