Maxine Robbins, MBACP(Accred) - Relational Therapy for Individuals & Couples
Experienced Psychotherapist, Couples’ Counsellor and Supervisor. I work with both individuals and couples in a private and confidential setting. I offer a client-centred approach and believe we all have the ability to solve our problems and get through difficult times given the right support and help. If you are needing help please give me a call.
When working with individuals the work will focus on what you need from coming to therapy. I will tailor the work to best match these and can offer you a creative approach, drawing on contemporary treatments such as EMDR, NLP and Somatic Experiencing, if appropriate.
When working with couples I specialise in the IMAGO Approach. Imago believes when conflict and difficulties arise in your relation these are signs of a relationship wanting to heal and grow. Being in a partnership can be a very healing experience with the right help. I am happy to work with any couples in difficulty.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy (Ericksonian, Systemic NLP, Somatic reprocessing)
- Diploma in Counselling, (Person-Centred, Humanistic, Existential);
- Certificate in Supervision (Supervisee-centred & collaborative)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling (Transpersonal specialising in IMAGO therapy)
- Certificate in Generative Life Coaching (based on Robert Dilts & Stephen Gilligan's Generative Change work)
- NLP Master Practitioner (Life coaching & Somatic reprocessing)
- Psychology BSc (Hons);
Additional training in:
Mindfulness & Meditation Practices;
Embodied Therapy including EMDR, NLP and Tapping;
IMAGO Couples Therapy;
Generative Change Work - Generative Psychotherapy
Organisations I work with: NHS; Addiction Agencies; Higher Education/Universities; Charities and Mental Health Organisations.
As an Accredited BACP member I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework and adhere to it's Professional Code of Practise.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Cost: Please contact me for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer Professional Supervision to Psychotherapist, Counsellors and those in the Helping Profession both in Private Practice and Training.View supervision profile