Maxine Harding MBACP
At times life is challenging and it is perfectly normal that sometimes we can struggle to make sense of the here and now. Counsellors are trained to help you through this, however finding a Counsellor with whom you can connect and work can be a daunting and confusing experience as there are a wide variety of styles and approaches to choose from.
As a Counsellor my approach is Humanistic and my style is rooted to my own varied life experiences. I believe in providing an honest, trusting and confidential service and pride myself on the care and attention I give to my clients.
I have chosen the Humanistic approach as I feel it provides the client with an opportunity to use creativity to explore various options to help their personal growth and self-development. My aim is to walk alongside you while we work together to provide a deeper understanding of who you are, what you feel and to help you find your own choices by encouraging self-awareness and self-realisation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- A certificate in Counselling (Iron Mill Insitute, Exeter).
- An advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (Dartmoor counselling and Psychotherapy, Newton Abbot).
- Studying towards a Counselling Foundation Degree (Iron Mill Institute, Exeter
- A member of PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociation Services)
- A member of the BACP ( British association for Counsellors and Psychotherapist.
I have worked as a:
- Volunteer Counsellor NDADA (North Devon Against Domestic Abuse) 2 years.
- Support Worker for MIND (Mental Health Charity), 1 year.
- Children's Special Educational Need and Behavioral Teaching Assistant, 8 years.
- Volunteer Counsellor at North Devon Hospice, Long House.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
I charge £30 per hour. Each session last one hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to see client days and evenings.
Types of client