Maxine Harding, MBACP,FD Integrative Therapist, EMDR
07773426244 / 07773426244
At times life is challenging and it is perfectly normal that sometimes we can struggle to make sense of the here and now. Counsellors are trained to help you through this, however finding a Counsellor with whom you can connect and work can be a daunting and confusing experience as there are a wide variety of styles and approaches to choose from.
Hi my name is Maxine and I am a experienced Integrative Counsellor who offers both short and long term work to individuals. My aim is to facilitate awareness enabling self growth by offering a safe, accepting and welcoming space for my clients to explore their issues.
Counselling is about helping my clients explore their feelings and emotions with regards to issues affecting them either now or from their past. As a counsellor my role is to act as facilitator enabling my clients to undertake a journey of self discovery. This self discovery allows better understanding of how our experiences affects behaviour and/or present relationships. My aim is to walk alongside you while we work together to provide a deeper understanding of who you are, what you feel and to help you find your own choices by encouraging self-awareness and self-realisation.
Sessions will be confidential and focused on individual needs. The process involves your commitment, your honesty both with yourself and me and a genuine desire to explore. On my part, I have a genuine healing intent and provide commitment, honesty and utmost respect for you as an individual.
As an integrative counsellor I am able to use a range of models to best suit my clients needs. Sessions will be face to face and last 60 minutes for individuals. At the beginning of the therapeutic relationship we will discuss number of sessions. When therapy is open-ended, as opposed of limited, it is important that we regularly review progress to help determine the duration of our work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- A certificate in Counselling (Iron Mill Insitute, Exeter).
- An advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (Dartmoor counselling and Psychotherapy, Newton Abbot).
- Foundation Degree Integrative Counselling (Iron Mill Institute, Worcester University)
- EMDR (eye movement, desensitisation and reprocessing), Levels 1-4, (Worcester University)
- A member of PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociation Services)
- A member of the BACP ( British association for Counsellors and Psychotherapist).
I have worked as a:
- Volunteer Counsellor NDADA (North Devon Against Domestic Abuse) 2 years.
- Support Worker for MIND (Mental Health Charity), 1 year.
- Children's Special Educational Need and Behavioral Teaching Assistant, 8 years.
- Volunteer Counsellor at North Devon Hospice, Long House.
- Volunteer Counsellor at Clarity Mental Health Charity.
- NHS Psychological therapist/ Specialist Counsellor.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
If you are travelling by car there is room to park on my drive or near by. Individuals - £35.00 for a 60 minute session. EMDR therapy individuals-£45.00 for a 90 minute sessions.
Possible concessions available for people on low incomes - to be discussed
Counselling Students - Concessions available dependent on circumstances
As a committed member of the BACP I am bound by a code of ethics and in line with this I am fully insured and have regular supervision. I offer counselling during Monday, Wednesday and Thursday day and evenings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to see client days and evenings.
Types of client